Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 01-17-2009, 06:49 AM   #1
kimmey
kimmey began at the beginning.

Device: sony Reader PRS-505
G'Day From DownUnder!

Hi everyone my name is Kim and I am from Sydney Australia,

I am eagerly awaiting the arrival of my Sony Reader PRS-505 on its way from the US. This is a really great forum and I am sure that I am going to learn a lot from here.

Kim
kimmey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 07:27 AM   #2
xianfox
Ebook Addict
xianfox knows what time it isxianfox knows what time it isxianfox knows what time it isxianfox knows what time it isxianfox knows what time it isxianfox knows what time it isxianfox knows what time it isxianfox knows what time it isxianfox knows what time it isxianfox knows what time it isxianfox knows what time it is

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
Welcome Kim. I do hope you enjoy your Sony Reader. Enjoy the forums.
xianfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 08:26 AM   #3
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi Kim and welcome to the Forum. I got a 505 a year ago and like it a lot. Prepare to get addicted.
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 10:12 AM   #4
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Hi, Kimmy, and welcome to the forum. Check out all the books free for the downloading from here, and stay away from the monkeys!
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 09:04 PM   #5
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post
Hi, Kimmy, and welcome to the forum. Check out all the books free for the downloading from here, and stay away from the monkeys!
Look at moy, Kimmey, look at moy. I've got two words to say to you, Kimmey: senile dementia

Grandma's not kept up her anti-"You damned kids get off my lawn!" medication, and what with that desert sun baking her brain every day...well, let's just say she probably just needs a Bex and a good lie down, hey?

The monkeys are perfectly safe to interract with. In fact, they're delightfuly company, very gracious hosts, always only too happy to provide.

Can I get you a drink?

Cheers,
Marc (or possibly Adrian...either way, one Zany Carter Deluxe coming right up)
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 09:11 PM   #6
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD
ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad. Selling my silver 505 here
Quote:
Originally Posted by montsnmags View Post
Can I get you a drink?

Cheers,
If this is your first ZC, only say yes if you're sitting down very securely.

And welcome, by the way!
ShortNCuddlyAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 09:15 PM   #7
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Look at moy, Kimmey, look at moy. I've got two words to say to you, Kimmey: senile dementia

Grandma's not kept up her anti-"You damned kids get off my lawn!" medication, and what with that desert sun baking her brain every day...well, let's just say she probably just needs a Bex and a good lie down, hey?

The monkeys are perfectly safe to interract with. In fact, they're delightfuly company, very gracious hosts, always only too happy to provide.

Can I get you a drink?

Cheers,

Nooooooo.............(now where DID I put that stick?? rummages in closet, flinging assorted pantaloons and ugly boots over shoulder)

I told you Kimmy, the monkeys are bad news, very bad news. I am most certainly NOT seminole, uh, senile, and I don't even know what a "Bex" is.......and I dont 'lay down' much because I have this great fear of not waking up.......but thats another story for another thread.

I"m warning you........if you take that drink, not only will you wake up with the monkeys, but there will be assorted llamas, squirrels, a VERY naughty dog, (or three) a penguin and even a very large, strangely attractive..... chicken standing by your bed with expectant looks on their faces......you've been warned. (puts pipe back between her toothless gums and snorts)
Old 01-17-2009, 09:17 PM   #8
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShortNCuddlyAm View Post
If this is your first ZC, only say yes if you're sitting down very securely.

And welcome, by the way!
...and by "securely", I believe Am means "immobilised by unbreakable restraints".

...oh, and as Am reminds me, welcome (from an only-recently ex-Sydneysider).

Cheers,
Marc
Old 01-17-2009, 09:25 PM   #9
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Nooooooo.............(now where DID I put that stick?? rummages in closet, flinging assorted pantaloons and ugly boots over shoulder)
It's a funny coincidence, but I've always pictured you in pantaloons and ugly boots.

Quote:
....if you take that drink, not only will you wake up with the monkeys, but there will be assorted llamas, squirrels, a VERY naughty dog, (or three) a penguin and even a very large, strangely attractive..... chicken standing by your bed with expectant looks on their faces...
There's also possibly a down side, though I've yet to discover it.

Quote:
...you've been warned. (puts pipe back between her toothless gums and snorts)
Ahh, yes, the pipe. I forgot to mention that part of the picture. The funny thing about the above is that, for all her warnings about "drinking the Kool-Aid", desertgrandma seems blissfully unaware that she's part of her forewarned results (see her avatar) rather than part of the temperance movement she believes. That is, if you can see her, you're already here.

Welcome, and welcome. Would you like another?

Cheers,
Marc-Adrian [insert evil and slightly monkey-insane laughter]
Old 01-17-2009, 09:32 PM   #10
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....

Quote:
It's a funny coincidence, but I've always pictured you in pantaloons and ugly boots. SMACK!

Ahh, yes, the pipe. I forgot to mention that part of the picture. The funny thing about the above is that, for all her warnings about "drinking the Kool-Aid", desertgrandma seems blissfully unaware that she's part of her forewarned results (see her avatar) rather than part of the temperance movement she believes. That is, if you can see her, you're already here.

Welcome, and welcome. Would you like another?

Cheers,
Marc-Adrian [insert evil and slightly monkey-insane laughter]
oH, Dear Lord.......what was in that 'water' you gave me???? You wouldn't do that to an innocent, harmless old lady.....surely?
Old 01-17-2009, 09:33 PM   #11
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD
ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
oH, Dear Lord.......what was in that 'water' you gave me???? You wouldn't do that to an innocent, harmless old lady.....surely?
I'm sure Marc wouldn't do that to an innocent and harmless old lady
Old 01-17-2009, 09:33 PM   #12
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD

Quote:
...and by "securely", I believe Am means "immobilised by unbreakable restraints".
At the very least!
Old 01-17-2009, 09:35 PM   #13
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Of course I wouldn't. You show me one, and I promise not to do that to her.

Cheers,
Marc
Old 01-17-2009, 09:35 PM   #14
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....

Quote:
Of course I wouldn't. You show me one, and I promise not to do that to her.

Cheers,
Marc

EVIL evil child............
Old 01-18-2009, 08:39 AM   #15
kimmey
kimmey began at the beginning.

Device: sony Reader PRS-505
Thanks everyone for the warm welcomes, and I assure you I was sitting down and strapped in when I had my ZC lol.

A little about myself. I am a mum of four - 13,10,9,& 20months - 2 girls and two boys. I have a very hectic life but do manage to fit in a few things that I like to do, reading for one and scrapbooking as well.

I hope to get to know you all in the coming weeks and months and its nice to see there are quite a few of us Aussies on here.
kimmey is offline   Reply With Quote