Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 12-29-2013, 02:57 AM   #271
sergeyvl12
ebook fan
sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 301+, Kindle 3 Wi-Fi, Onyx Boox A62, Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by khahoon View Post
Help pages are dodo?

"
Ошибка 424: заблокировано правилами безопасности

Если Вы владелец сайта, информацию о причинах возникновения и методах решения данной ошибки можно найти в разделе FAQ.
"
Where did you get it?
sergeyvl12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 06:47 PM   #272
andrepd
andrepd began at the beginning.

Device: Android (Aldiko)
I can't open Kobo Launcher. It seemed to install (after I unplugged the Kobo it showed "Installing" and then "Rebooting"). I can't see any icon however. I did exactly the instructed in the Installing section. Help?
andrepd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 07:22 PM   #273
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrepd View Post
I can't open Kobo Launcher. It seemed to install (after I unplugged the Kobo it showed "Installing" and then "Rebooting"). I can't see any icon however. I did exactly the instructed in the Installing section. Help?
You should think of the install process as two separate installs, first adding the PNG file to your Kobo and having the Kobo software process the Image adding it to its database and home page. Then installing the software that will be launched using that image file. It is critical that the image file function normally, as an image that your Kobo displays before reconnecting the USB cable to install the rest of the program.

You should remove what you have installed and start over, Perhaps these instructions will help:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...77&postcount=1

Luck;
Ken

Last edited by Ken Maltby; 01-07-2014 at 10:57 AM.
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 08:12 AM   #274
Markismus
Guru
Markismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicing

Device: Cracked HiSenseA5ProCC, Cracked OnyxNotePro, Note5, Kobo Glo, Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by sergeyvl12 View Post
3. Usb network + dropbear ssh server + sftp
Thank you for the laucher!

Could you add an extra "p" in "USBnet is stopped" in usbnet.sh? It keeps annoying me.
Markismus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 08:18 AM   #275
sergeyvl12
ebook fan
sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markismus View Post

Could you add an extra "p" in "USBnet is stopped" in usbnet.sh? It keeps annoying me.
Ok, Thanks!
Old 01-07-2014, 10:35 AM   #276
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markismus View Post

I think this tells us something, when the "problems" to be addressed dwindle down to such minor cosmetic issues. It's not perfect, but nothing ever is, and time and Sergey's extraordinary efforts will allow us to follow as his unique project evolves further, into the future.

Luck;
Ken
Old 01-09-2014, 04:10 PM   #277
michald
michald began at the beginning.

Device: kobo touch
Launching koreader and nickel from KoboLauncher

Hello,

Could you please add the mechanism (triggering a program execution after kobo launcher exits) to allow launching koreader and nickel without the touchscreen lockup bug?

More info at:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...&postcount=957

Last edited by michald; 01-09-2014 at 04:19 PM.
michald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 06:17 PM   #278
Ken Maltby
Wizard

I can see its value for "launching" Koreader from KoboLauncher but I wasn't aware of any problem exiting back to nickel, I do it all the time and haven't noticed any problem.

Luck;
Ken
Old 01-09-2014, 07:54 PM   #279
michald
michald began at the beginning.

Device: kobo touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Maltby View Post
I can see its value for "launching" Koreader from KoboLauncher but I wasn't aware of any problem exiting back to nickel, I do it all the time and haven't noticed any problem.

Luck;
Ken
It's seems that at least some Kobo Touch'es have issues - mine certainly does (F/W 2.10.0, part N905C) where the launching koreader/nickel from k.l. works however the touchscreen interface stop functioning. A working solution (for me, at least) is to let Kobo Launcher exit completely (i.e. without using the "kill" command) before launching Koreader/nickel through some clunky shell scripts.
M.

Edit: If I read you right, exiting to back to nickel from k.l. works as advertised, confirmed. What seems broken is launching nickel from Kobo Launcher (i.e. doing it backwards ;-).

Last edited by michald; 01-09-2014 at 07:58 PM.
michald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 03:12 PM   #280
awsomichele
^missing an "e"; oops!
awsomichele began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura HD; Kindle NT
Hi sergeyvl12, thanks a ton for your work!

I was wondering how I could make it so the Launcher.png auto-started with one of the games.

I read the last version's release notes, but didn't understand where to put such a code; quote:"Example: $ROOT/launcher -qws -stylesheet $STYLESHEET -run cr3.sh"
awsomichele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 06:39 PM   #281
sergeyvl12
ebook fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by michald View Post
It's seems that at least some Kobo Touch'es have issues - mine certainly does (F/W 2.10.0, part N905C) where the launching koreader/nickel from k.l. works however the touchscreen interface stop functioning. A working solution (for me, at least) is to let Kobo Launcher exit completely (i.e. without using the "kill" command) before launching Koreader/nickel through some clunky shell scripts.
M.

Edit: If I read you right, exiting to back to nickel from k.l. works as advertised, confirmed. What seems broken is launching nickel from Kobo Launcher (i.e. doing it backwards ;-).
Why should we launch nickel from Kobo Launcher? we should just unfreeze nickel at exit. But it's a good idea to have possibility to launch some app at exit from the launcher. e.g. koreader. I'll implement it soon
Old 01-10-2014, 06:42 PM   #282
sergeyvl12
ebook fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by awsomichele View Post
Hi sergeyvl12, thanks a ton for your work!

I was wondering how I could make it so the Launcher.png auto-started with one of the games.

I read the last version's release notes, but didn't understand where to put such a code; quote:"Example: $ROOT/launcher -qws -stylesheet $STYLESHEET -run cr3.sh"
put it into launcher.sh instead of

$ROOT/launcher -qws -stylesheet $STYLESHEET

but I haven't test it on kobo yet. Just on kindle. But it should work.
Old 01-10-2014, 08:13 PM   #283
Ken Maltby
Wizard

Quote:

Given your example; what do you return to when you exit cr3? The launcher menu? Or Nickel, and the launcher.png?

I'll be trying 1.2.6.31 soon.

Luck;
Ken
Old 01-11-2014, 07:32 AM   #284
xping
Connoisseur
xping has learned how to read e-booksxping has learned how to read e-booksxping has learned how to read e-booksxping has learned how to read e-booksxping has learned how to read e-booksxping has learned how to read e-booksxping has learned how to read e-books

Device: kobo aura hd, kobo mini, Sony prs-t3
calendar

Maybe it is an OT, but I would like to suggest to add a "calendar/agenda" app to this wonderful launcher.

THX
xping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 12:48 PM   #285
awsomichele
^missing an "e"; oops!
awsomichele began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura HD; Kindle NT
Quote:

I tested on Kobo, it works
I failed at first because I was working on the folder of the old install, instead of the "/vlasovsoft" one.
thanks again for your great work, sergeyvl12. I look forward to trying the programs on the Kindle Non-Touch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Maltby View Post
Given your example; what do you return to when you exit cr3? The launcher menu? Or Nickel, and the launcher.png?

I'll be trying 1.2.6.31 soon.

Luck;
Ken
To Ken,
exiting cr3 (or whatever the auto-started app is) brings me to the launcher menu; I guess playing with the .sh files you might be able to set it so it returns to Nickel - but I'll leave this to more capable hands to try..

Cheers
awsomichele is offline   Reply With Quote