Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 10-13-2012, 05:50 PM   #1
petrucci
Groupie
petrucci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petrucci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petrucci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petrucci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petrucci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petrucci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petrucci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petrucci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petrucci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petrucci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petrucci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Kindle DX sold out?

The DX is only listed as used on Amazon in the USA. They dropped the price last week. Did it sell out?
petrucci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 11:19 PM   #2
xendula
eBookworm
xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4B/K ~ Nexus 7 ~ Kindle Paperwhite 1&2 ~ iPad Air
Good catch! They may want to steer users towards their tablets instead.
I was actually surprised they sold them for so long, as I don't think they were selling large numbers of them? So I always thuht they were selling off really old stock, but I could be totally wrong.
xendula is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-13-2012, 11:55 PM   #3
coolbreeze
Addict
coolbreeze plays well with otherscoolbreeze plays well with otherscoolbreeze plays well with otherscoolbreeze plays well with otherscoolbreeze plays well with otherscoolbreeze plays well with otherscoolbreeze plays well with otherscoolbreeze plays well with otherscoolbreeze plays well with otherscoolbreeze plays well with otherscoolbreeze plays well with others

Device: Nook Color, White 3G K3
I'm pretty sure it's dead. The whole "capture the textbook market" thing is handed to the Fire's.
coolbreeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 12:15 AM   #4
JaneD
Addict
JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2013
I wouldn't be surprised if they'd stopped producing them. They seem to be focusing on the flashier tablet/lighted ereader market now. And they certainly seemed to abandon any software updates for a long time now.
JaneD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 08:06 AM   #5
petrucci
Groupie
petrucci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petrucci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petrucci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petrucci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petrucci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petrucci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petrucci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petrucci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petrucci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petrucci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petrucci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
The option to buy it new is still missing from the us amazon store this morning. If it does not go back up on Monday, I will assume the worst. The DX is also now absent from the kindle family charts, which is a bad sign.

I have been waiting for an e-ink device with an 8.5x11 inch screen for many years. The DX was as close as we got, but I was hesitant, as I was holding out for something larger.

At this point it looks like such a device will not be produced. I may have to end up using an lcd device.
petrucci is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-14-2012, 09:23 AM   #6
jgaiser
Omnivorous
jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle Fire HD, Kindle 3, KPW1
Quote:
Originally Posted by petrucci View Post
At this point it looks like such a device will not be produced. I may have to end up using an lcd device.
It's a good thing I picked up a backup during the last sale

Love my DX. It's currently my goto ereader, even with the Fire and iPad in the mix.
jgaiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 01:27 PM   #7
new
K3, K4B, KDX, KFHD, PW1&2
new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4B, KDX3G, KFHD, PW1, PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgaiser View Post
It's a good thing I picked up a backup during the last sale

Love my DX. It's currently my goto ereader, even with the Fire and iPad in the mix.
Too bad! I bought mine on the last sale too. I wish it was a paperwhite that worked in that size
new is offline   Reply With Quote