Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 08-31-2013, 11:58 AM   #1
BAD18
Enthusiast
BAD18 began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Color & Touch; Samsung Galaxy Tab
Moving library location

I am moving my 4 Calibre libraries from Dropbox to Google Drive. I use a cloud drive so I may access it from my desktop and laptop. I moved the files on my desktop. All the new library locations show up. But when I try to move a book from one library to another I get error message. Can't find library. Don't know how to fix that.

Also any tips in general about moving your Calibre library location will be appreciated. I still have to move the files on my laptop so they can find the new library locations.

Thanks.
Barbara
BAD18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 12:39 PM   #2
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Don't use Google Drive!

There are issues with the names used by calibre and how GDrive handles them.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 03:05 PM   #3
BAD18
Enthusiast

Where can I go to find out what the issues are?
Old 08-31-2013, 03:15 PM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by BAD18 View Post
Where can I go to find out what the issues are?
I have lost the link, but simply GD mangles the folder naming, by removing the index numbers in the ( ) on the title folders.

Those are part of the tie to the DB record
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 05:09 PM   #5
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
There is for instance this thread: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=205581
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 05:47 PM   #6
BAD18
Enthusiast

Thank you very much. I have recovered my libraries and moved them back to Dropbox. Now I either have to pay to use Dropbox (my bonus GB's are expiring) or try another cloud storage solution.

I had a bad afternoon until I got this worked out!!
Old 08-31-2013, 05:58 PM   #7
Adoby
Handy Elephant
Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Thinkpad E595, Ubuntu Mate, Huawei Mediapad 5, Bouye Likebook Plus
Try copy?

20 GB for free... :X
Adoby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 05:59 PM   #8
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
Most of the other cloud solutions seem to work fine with Calibre. The one that seems to be giving the most generous allowances at the moment is copy.com.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 06:12 PM   #9
BAD18
Enthusiast

Thanks I have 25GB on copy and I'll try it!!
Old 08-31-2013, 07:11 PM   #10
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
For the record https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=205581
BetterRed is online now   Reply With Quote