Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 01-30-2013, 11:34 AM   #1
Beginner-reader
Enthusiast
Beginner-reader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Beginner-reader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Beginner-reader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Beginner-reader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Beginner-reader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Beginner-reader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Beginner-reader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Beginner-reader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Beginner-reader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Beginner-reader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Beginner-reader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4 NT
Got my new replaced Kindle, now what? :/

I just got my replacement Kindle today after having had problems with the first one.
I was really, really excited about it but it turns out that my old Kindle apparently came back to its senses after 4 days--either that, or the new one is "sick" too.

I compared both and they're exactly the same. Well, my old Kindle did get stuck on a page when I tried it again, but it was a one-time issue.

I guess the new one is better since it doesn't seem to hang and doesn't have this stupid flashing issue, at least not yet, but still...

I wish I could buy a second Kindle for myself but I don't have the money. I'll save up for the next NT and non-lighted Kindle.

So, I should send the old one back, right?
Beginner-reader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 11:35 AM   #2
susan_cassidy
Wizard
susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, iPad (not used much for reading)
Yes, if they told you to.
susan_cassidy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 11:38 AM   #3
Beginner-reader
Enthusiast
Beginner-reader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Beginner-reader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Beginner-reader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Beginner-reader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Beginner-reader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Beginner-reader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Beginner-reader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Beginner-reader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Beginner-reader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Beginner-reader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Beginner-reader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Well yes they did, but at the time the first one was apparently beyond repair. I'm not particularly happy that I was left Kindle-less four days just to discover that the first one (which I tried lots of times before deciding it was broken, even after the CS told me there was nothing they could do) sometimes works too.

Urgh.
Old 01-30-2013, 12:01 PM   #4
Notjohn
mostly an observer
Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Well, if you don't return the old one, presumably they will charge you for the new one. Why should you have two Kindles if you only paid for one?

Besides, if it is more or less operative, all the more reason for it to go back to them! Then they can refurbish and resell it.
Notjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 12:04 PM   #5
Beginner-reader
Enthusiast

I know I'd have to pay for it, but I just hope that the new one actually works better, since these things seem to be so temperamental.

You're right though, maybe it can have a second life.
Old 01-30-2013, 02:59 PM   #6
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beginner-reader View Post
I know I'd have to pay for it, but I just hope that the new one actually works better, since these things seem to be so temperamental.

You're right though, maybe it can have a second life.
Send the old one back and keep the new one. You don't want a Kindle that you had issues with. K4s can be temperamental sometimes.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 04:54 PM   #7
Beginner-reader
Enthusiast

Thank you Blossom, you're so right!
I noticed that my old Kindle had lots of problems turning on and off, but I thought I didn't hold the button long enough (basically, that it was my fault).
Turns out that my new Kindle turns on and off much, much better (about 10 seconds faster!) doesn't have the flashing issues, and doesn't hang.
The old one is in its case, ready to be shipped to a competent doctor.
Old 01-31-2013, 02:25 AM   #8
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Amazon will charge you the full price for the new Kindle if you don't return the old one within the specified time limit. Why are you asking us if you should return it?
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote