Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 09-24-2010, 08:23 AM   #16
kacir
Wizard
kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360, before it was Sony Reader, cassiopeia A-20
Quote:
Originally Posted by brainycat View Post
In image magick, do 'convert FILENAME.bmp -colors 256 FILENAME.bmp' for each image using RGB space.
What I did was this:
Code:
convert escher01.png -quantize GRAY +dither -colors 16 -rotate "-90>" escher01.bmp
You can install imagemagick and use the convert command even in Windows.
kacir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 12:07 PM   #17
PossenteSpirto
PossenteSpirto began at the beginning.

Device: waiting for my first (PB 902)
*bump*
Hello, I'm making a logo for my 902 while expecting (I can't knit). I've set the res to 825x1200 (found on the shop page) and set the mode to grayscale.

Now:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulli View Post
Do "Image->Convert to Greyscale"
Quote:
* max 8bit colordepth (2,4,8 fits)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logseman View Post
save it as "BMP, 256 colors) and you're set.
Quote:
Originally Posted by brainycat View Post
I finally got the missing piece figured out: you need to use color-indexed bmp files.
5) Image > Mode > Grayscale
11) Image > Mode > Indexed [256]
12) Save As > FILENAME.bmp [24bit]
When I try to save my pic as .bmp, Photoshop asks me the file format (Windows/OS2). Which one should I choose?
Also, do I really need to convert from grayscale to indexed color?
Since the screen has 16 levels of gray, can't I just save it with a 4-bit depth?
PossenteSpirto is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-21-2010, 06:46 AM   #18
norciom
ego Alpha et Omega
norciom has learned how to read e-booksnorciom has learned how to read e-booksnorciom has learned how to read e-booksnorciom has learned how to read e-booksnorciom has learned how to read e-booksnorciom has learned how to read e-booksnorciom has learned how to read e-books

Device: Pocketbook 360
I was not very fast, but now I've published a web app and a desktop app to convert images for your pocketbook:
http://www.addhat.com/software/appli...ogo-maker.html
norciom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 05:17 PM   #19
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903, (beloved Pocketbook 360 RIP), Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Required Software:
Irfanview ( http://irfanview.tuwien.ac.at/iview425_setup.exe )

1) Open the picture you like to convert with IrfanView
2) Do "Image->Resize/Resample" set the values like there is no bigger than 800
** to fit the picture to the screen you should turn picture to get 600x800 resolution, turn the picture with the keys "L" and "R"
3) Do "Image->Convert to Greyscale"
4) Press "I" and change the dpi to "96x96" (important to see full 16greyscale colors on PB!)
5) Press "S" and choose "Fileformat" BMP, save it any location you like
6) Transfer the created file to "/system/logo" on your Pocketbook
7) Choose your logo at the Settings
8) Enjoy

Ulli
very helpful tutorial for me: it wasn't working with either GIMP or Paint (though again might be due to my inability, couldn't see how to set the 96x96 option), but irfanview did the trick
p.s.
for teh large models, use 825x1200 as suggested by PossenteSpirito
paola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 09:33 PM   #20
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2 and Libra H2O and half a dozen older models I can't let go of
The Pocketbook Touch Lux (623) has a screen resolution of 1024×758.
FizzyWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert