Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 05-21-2013, 01:40 AM   #181
underscore
Addict
underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox Nova 2, Kingrow K1 (former N96 ML/i86ML Plus/M92)
@seaniko7

When you will finish the port, unless you convince debian or ubuntu to take care of...
can you produce a minimal website for the distribution and updates also?
In this way that can be indexed by search engines.

it is very difficult to follow the efforts of the many m92 coders here around, by following
the threads searching for dropbox urls.
And see if you or Booxstor or others got some fresh news.

Potentially i see a linux distribution like the killer firmware.
Does Calibre work on m92 ? :-)
More than for editing the occasional metadata, would be nice for searching books..
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 03:51 AM   #182
Lbooker
Addict
Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Would it be possible to use the M92 as a main or secondary screen for my desktop computer, which is powered by debian ?
Also, could the M92 use internet through the usb cable ?
Lbooker is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-21-2013, 05:21 PM   #183
FMP
Enthusiast
FMP , Klaatu Barada Niktu!FMP , Klaatu Barada Niktu!FMP , Klaatu Barada Niktu!FMP , Klaatu Barada Niktu!FMP , Klaatu Barada Niktu!FMP , Klaatu Barada Niktu!FMP , Klaatu Barada Niktu!FMP , Klaatu Barada Niktu!FMP , Klaatu Barada Niktu!FMP , Klaatu Barada Niktu!FMP , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: m92
Quote:
Originally Posted by seaniko7 View Post
@FMP, I'm downloading xournal from Software Center now. It might not be as snappy as Scribble is... But when it comes to note taking, I'm really satisfied with Freemind+onscreen keyboard running on my M92

edit: yep, xournal has about 0.5s lag, but its usable.
Thanks. I did not know about Freemind; I'll check it out.
FMP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 05:55 PM   #184
Mono
Mono
Mono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Boox M92
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lbooker View Post
Would it be possible to use the M92 as a main or secondary screen for my desktop computer, which is powered by debian ?
It should be possible. Search this thread or forum for sw needed.
Mono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 04:59 PM   #185
seaniko7
wannabe developer
seaniko7 can grok the meaning of the universe.seaniko7 can grok the meaning of the universe.seaniko7 can grok the meaning of the universe.seaniko7 can grok the meaning of the universe.seaniko7 can grok the meaning of the universe.seaniko7 can grok the meaning of the universe.seaniko7 can grok the meaning of the universe.seaniko7 can grok the meaning of the universe.seaniko7 can grok the meaning of the universe.seaniko7 can grok the meaning of the universe.seaniko7 can grok the meaning of the universe.

Device: Kindle: 2xKeyboard, Classic, 2xTouch, 2xPW, PW2; Onyx: Boox M92
Ok guys, I have dual booting Ubuntu (from sd card). Everything is working (touchscreen ,wifi, keys, usb host, power management, audio), which makes M92 a really usable Linux tablet.

As soon as I finish my exams, I'll polish whole thing and release it for community.
seaniko7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-26-2013, 06:01 PM   #186
FMP
Enthusiast
FMP , Klaatu Barada Niktu!FMP , Klaatu Barada Niktu!FMP , Klaatu Barada Niktu!FMP , Klaatu Barada Niktu!FMP , Klaatu Barada Niktu!FMP , Klaatu Barada Niktu!FMP , Klaatu Barada Niktu!FMP , Klaatu Barada Niktu!FMP , Klaatu Barada Niktu!FMP , Klaatu Barada Niktu!FMP , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: m92
Quote:
Ok guys, I have dual booting Ubuntu (from sd card). Everything is working (touchscreen ,wifi, keys, usb host, power management, audio), which makes M92 a really usable Linux tablet.

As soon as I finish my exams, I'll polish whole thing and release it for community.
You are a star. Good luck in your exams!
FMP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 06:05 AM   #187
Randy11
Wizard
Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung EB60, Onyx M92, Onyx Max2
Quote:

Bravo !! I'm waiting this !

It's for this type of reason that I want only open devices.
Randy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 01:08 PM   #188
Kirith
schoolteacher
Kirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcover

Device: Onyx M92 +i62HD(m)+M92(m)x20+M90x13
seaniko7, but it possible (referring to your work) to publish and describe this function on the Russian forum? I can
And please answer: probably, to connect USB 3G modem?

seaniko7, а можно я (ссылаясь на Ваш труд) выложу и опишу эту функцию на русском форуме?
И прошу ответить: возможно-ли подключить USB 3G модем?
Kirith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 01:45 AM   #189
crazydog
error
crazydog shares his or her toyscrazydog shares his or her toyscrazydog shares his or her toyscrazydog shares his or her toyscrazydog shares his or her toyscrazydog shares his or her toyscrazydog shares his or her toyscrazydog shares his or her toyscrazydog shares his or her toyscrazydog shares his or her toyscrazydog shares his or her toys

Device: Kindle Keyboard, M92
Quote:

Good Luck for your exams

You're really genious.
I installed the kernel you uploaded, but I'm afraid of flashing the uBoot.img on my own ... so I didn't try it. I hope you'll post your "final" achievements soon to start playing.
crazydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 10:33 AM   #190
Kitty1221
Kitty1221 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Kitty1221 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Kitty1221 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Kitty1221 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Kitty1221 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Kitty1221 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Kitty1221 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Kitty1221 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Kitty1221 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Kitty1221 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Kitty1221 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: onyx boox, pocketbook, 9.7" e-screen
e-ink monitor

Hi

I have been struggling to figure out why my boox e-ink monitor of my Windows8 PC does not fit to the real screen size. The vnc viewer screen area is so small as you can see the image I attached in here.
I don't know how to edit the vnc viewer java file that one of the members here made.
I think the geometry of the screen resolution has been set to this small in the java file..
Does anyone know how to reset the screen area?

Thank you
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	vnc.png
Views:	360
Size:	92.2 KB
ID:	107002  
Attached Files
File Type: zip serial vnc app v0.1.zip (1.82 MB, 170 views)
Kitty1221 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 03:07 PM   #191
artemk
artemk began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox M92
Quote:
Damn, can't wait anymore I hope your exams went well, any chances, that you will publish your linux for M92? Thanks.
artemk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 04:51 PM   #192
seaniko7
wannabe developer
seaniko7 can grok the meaning of the universe.seaniko7 can grok the meaning of the universe.seaniko7 can grok the meaning of the universe.seaniko7 can grok the meaning of the universe.seaniko7 can grok the meaning of the universe.seaniko7 can grok the meaning of the universe.seaniko7 can grok the meaning of the universe.seaniko7 can grok the meaning of the universe.seaniko7 can grok the meaning of the universe.seaniko7 can grok the meaning of the universe.seaniko7 can grok the meaning of the universe.

Device: Kindle: 2xKeyboard, Classic, 2xTouch, 2xPW, PW2; Onyx: Boox M92
@artemk, I'm done with exams.

I can provide OS image, but still it needs to be improved in terms of power management, display, module loading and much, much more. I mean, it's usable but still in early state and definitely not for day-to-day use.
seaniko7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 05:07 PM   #193
Kirith
schoolteacher
Kirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcover

Device: Onyx M92 +i62HD(m)+M92(m)x20+M90x13
Congratulations! This is great!
Be patient to wait and I hope everything will be well with M92 and successfully
Поздравляем! Это здорово!
Запасёмся терпением и надеюсь всё будет с М92 хорошо и успешно
Kirith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 06:55 AM   #194
underscore
Addict
underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox Nova 2, Kingrow K1 (former N96 ML/i86ML Plus/M92)
Quote:

I can provide OS image, but still it needs to be improved in terms of power management, display, module loading and much, much more. I mean, it's usable but still in early state and definitely not for day-to-day use.
As i guess that the internet is not full of binaries compiled for this architecture would be cool to integrate your distribution with a package system that help automatic building programs from the sources like pkgsrc.org
I guess everybody would want calibre and a better cbr/cbz viewer :-)
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 04:14 PM   #195
lunohod
OpenInkpot developer
lunohod shares his or her toyslunohod shares his or her toyslunohod shares his or her toyslunohod shares his or her toyslunohod shares his or her toyslunohod shares his or her toyslunohod shares his or her toyslunohod shares his or her toyslunohod shares his or her toyslunohod shares his or her toyslunohod shares his or her toys

Device: N516,V3,PRS505,iLiad,eSlick,E60,K3,K4NT,M90,PB912,KoboMini
Quote:

How does the ubuntu work with the e-ink controller? Did you have to patch the X-server or something?
lunohod is offline   Reply With Quote