Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 12-01-2011, 12:43 PM   #1
vishcompany
Addict
vishcompany can fool all of the people all of the time.vishcompany can fool all of the people all of the time.vishcompany can fool all of the people all of the time.vishcompany can fool all of the people all of the time.vishcompany can fool all of the people all of the time.vishcompany can fool all of the people all of the time.vishcompany can fool all of the people all of the time.vishcompany can fool all of the people all of the time.vishcompany can fool all of the people all of the time.vishcompany can fool all of the people all of the time.vishcompany can fool all of the people all of the time.

Device: Gen3(†); PB302(↓); PRS-350; T1; voyage
connect to mobile wifi hotspot

I want to use my mobile phone as a mobile wifi hotspot for the PRS-T1. It's a Nokia E52 running JoikuSpot, which has worked fine so far with various laptops (whenever bluetooth is not an option).
The reader - on the other hand - connected fine to any wifi-network I offered it so far (home, work, etc., all of them WPA). No problem either.

The strange thing is, that the reader even does not "see" the WLAN when scanning. There are a few options in the JoikuSpot software (not too many), I tried different channels, switching off encryption, but no joy.

Both devices are capable of 802.11b/g standard. Is there still another source of incompatibility?
vishcompany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 02:03 PM   #2
RhialtoFalu
RhialtoFalu will become famous soon enoughRhialtoFalu will become famous soon enoughRhialtoFalu will become famous soon enoughRhialtoFalu will become famous soon enoughRhialtoFalu will become famous soon enoughRhialtoFalu will become famous soon enough

Device: PRS-T1
I tried just this with a friend one time. He had an Android phone with something that was probably called "Android AP", and it seemed to "just work".
RhialtoFalu is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-03-2012, 05:47 AM   #3
deewad
deewad began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Prs-T1
did you find any solution? i tried the same. i rooted my androidphone and i sucessfully created a wifi-hotspot which i can use with my notebook but my prs-t1 also couldn't see the wifi-hotspot
deewad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 08:25 AM   #4
henson0115
Enthusiast
henson0115 began at the beginning.

Device: sony prs-t1
double check the wifi hotspot settings and also when its set up restart the reader, i noticed i had troubles with my wifi sometimes which a restart always fixes.
henson0115 is offline   Reply With Quote