Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe > enTourage Archive

Notices

Old 01-01-2011, 07:24 AM   #1
pieter
Edge User

Question Some questions from a happy EE user

Hi there all and Happy New Year!

After a few months of running my EE for work I still have some things to sort out.

* a pasword lock screen to lock the device with a code (like you can do with most phones)
Using ES security Manager now, but rather lock/pasword protect the whole EE

* a bigger browse bar (so you dont have to use the trackball to scroll down/up)
Note: some apps are able to use the volume controls for that!! awesome!

* Gmail contacts & calendar sync (both way's)
I really do mis this on the EE.
Executive Assistance helps for showing the callendar but is one way only. (great app btw).

* And sure, google market would be nice too

Anyway, the EE is perfect for my work and also fun to surf or just fool arround with. As it works now I am happy but.. (there is always a but..) it would be even better with above suggestions.

Last but not least: Special thank you for all those people here at the forum with answering and helping people like me

Type and read you later

Pieter

Old 01-01-2011, 08:53 AM   #2
borisb
Edge User

Welcome to the forums, pieter, and Happy New Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by pieter View Post
* a bigger browse bar (so you dont have to use the trackball to scroll down/up)
I'm not sure about the bigger browse bar question. I use my finger to swipe/move the page up and down, left and right... Just make sure your finger makes contact away from a hyperlink so you don't accidentally jump to another page.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pieter View Post
* And sure, google market would be nice too
Join the entire enTourage club

Advert
Old 01-01-2011, 01:03 PM   #3
pieter
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by borisb View Post
Welcome to the forums, pieter, and Happy New Year
Thank you!

Quote:
I'm not sure about the bigger browse bar question. I use my finger to swipe/move the page up and down, left and right... Just make sure your finger makes contact away from a hyperlink so you don't accidentally jump to another page.
The main trouble is not `a browser´ but more the apps that have items in them that need scrolling (like the settings screen or apps screen with all those icons). With the kind of fingers I have you regurely press an item while trying to scroll down..

Quote:
Join the entire enTourage club
/Joined!

Type and read you later,

Pieter

Old 01-01-2011, 04:20 PM   #4
borisb
Edge User

Ah! Yes, I see what you mean. My solution has been to use my fingernail (i.e., I curl my finger so that the fingernail surface touches instead of the flesh of the finger) to firmly press and slide as this works even on icons and links. If you use the fingertip, or you "hesitate" (a light touch, for example), it can activate the item instead of sliding the screen. Using the stylus (with a similar firm motion) works, too.