Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 06-08-2013, 08:25 AM   #1
swampwiz
swampwiz began at the beginning.

Device: Windows 7
How to make it so that Caibre does not show the library?

I am running this on a laptop with Windows 7. (Yes, I realize that this forum is for mobile systems, but I can't find any forum for Calibre for Windows.) When I open up an EPUB file, the Calibre application opens up showing the library, at which time I must click on the specific book. I want Calibre to work like a PDF reader, such that when I click on a file, only that file gets opened and is in the view state.

Alternatively, if anyone knows a good quality EPUB reader that does what I want, that would be good as well. Unfortunately the ones that do this are typically much worse quality than Calibre.
swampwiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 09:43 AM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by swampwiz View Post
I am running this on a laptop with Windows 7. (Yes, I realize that this forum is for mobile systems, but I can't find any forum for Calibre for Windows.) When I open up an EPUB file, the Calibre application opens up showing the library, at which time I must click on the specific book. I want Calibre to work like a PDF reader, such that when I click on a file, only that file gets opened and is in the view state.

Alternatively, if anyone knows a good quality EPUB reader that does what I want, that would be good as well. Unfortunately the ones that do this are typically much worse quality than Calibre.
MR also supports the programs (and Authors ) that supports Mobile Devices

for a 1 off usage:
The one you want ebook-viewer (which depends on the rest of Calibre being installed)
Right-click on a book: select Open With: Viewer for all...

You can set Windows to always open a <book format> with the a program. by using the Menu of Windows explorer: Tools: Folder options: File Types (tab): <locate extension and select>: Click the change button you should now see the same as above EXCEPT there is now an active tick box for you to use
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	openwith.jpg
Views:	188
Size:	29.2 KB
ID:	106771  

Last edited by theducks; 06-08-2013 at 09:49 AM. Reason: alternate way
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 11:30 PM   #3
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
MR also supports the programs (and Authors ) that supports Mobile Devices

for a 1 off usage:
The one you want ebook-viewer (which depends on the rest of Calibre being installed)
Right-click on a book: select Open With: Viewer for all...

You can set Windows to always open a <book format> with the a program. by using the Menu of Windows explorer: Tools: Folder options: File Types (tab): <locate extension and select>: Click the change button you should now see the same as above EXCEPT there is now an active tick box for you to use
Excellent tip. I didn't know you could do that

Helen
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote