Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 05-05-2013, 04:18 AM   #76
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903, (beloved Pocketbook 360 RIP), Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by gouni View Post
But for some time there are people amongst us who came with a pocketbook, and this machine is much appreciated.
that is a great reader, and i am very curious of the front lit HD model coming out: having said that, the most up to date firmware version of the 9" models (which are still being sold) dates back to april 2012! (and yes, the current firmware has a lot of very annoying bugs).
paola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 03:42 PM   #77
treadlightly
Wizard
treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O
It's pretty awesome that we have Kobo employees answering our questions in these forums. I haven't seen anyone post from Amazon or Sony.
treadlightly is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-07-2013, 08:45 PM   #78
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
I can hardly wait for tomorrow....I hope my Glo arrives in the mail. I am ready!
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 05:01 PM   #79
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
Yes Kobo Rocks! (Powells slow shipping, not so much). My Kobo Glo finally got here today. I love it! I can't really say which I like better, but I do like the Glo better than the Mini, due to the light and slightly larger titles in library list. And it is so much easier and less time consuming using Calibre to maintain my shelves on the Kobo. It's also lighter than the Paperwhite. I really like it. Will have to spend a few days reading on both before I can decide which I like best.
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 10:06 PM   #80
Latinandgreek
Warrior Princess
Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505; PRS-350, PRS-T1, iPad, Aura HD
Well, I've finally decided to pick up a brown Kobo Aura HD this week. I'm glad to see how many people enjoy their Kobo devices!
Latinandgreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-23-2013, 12:41 AM   #81
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Confessions of a hardcore Sony e-reader user...

When I was told I was one of the winners of the Kobo Glo for the Christmas Mystery Game, I was pleased that I had the correct solution to the problem, but ambivalent about receiving the prize, especially with all the negative comments I had been reading in the Kobo forum. It took several months before the e-reader arrived, and I really didn't mind waiting. I had two good Sonys that I used.
Then the Kobo Glo arrived...
I side-loaded a dozen books into it and began reading, learning how to control it, learning how to make my reading experience 'different.' And began to appreciate it more and more. And more.
I don't use my Sonys these days. The Kobo Glo is my every-day reader now. It really is a fine device. There are a couple of little hiccups every once in a while, but I don't mind. It's a computer. They all possess evil spirits that rear their heads now and then. Over all, I like the Kobo Glo!

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 02:56 AM   #82
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Welcome to our little corner of MR. I will admit to often wondering how you were doing with your Kobo and am so glad to hear it's gong well.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 03:32 AM   #83
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
Welcome to our little corner of MR. I will admit to often wondering how you were doing with your Kobo and am so glad to hear it's gong well.
Frankly, I'm really quite surprised! When I looked at them in the store (and I looked at them a few times in different stores,) I was less than impressed with what I saw... lots of ghosting, slow page turns, cluttered home screen, etc. But the one I have shows no ghosting at all. No black flash. Home screen is still cluttered more than I'd like, but hey, I can live with it. The other benefits far out-weight the minor stuff. Especially the ability to infinitely adjusts font size and weight, and line spacing. I even actually found myself using the 'glo' light one night on a bus! It's the only time I've used it, but like Health Insurance, when you 'need' it, it's sure nice to have!

I'm very lucky to have had the Kobo 'forced' on me. It's like discovering that a food you really thought you hated actually tastes great!

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 04:31 AM   #84
aceflor
Wizard
aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Era, Pocketbook Inkpad 4, Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Scribe
I now have two Kobo. I really love my Mini, I am getting warmer with my Aura but I don't like it as much as I loved my PW (which has gone to my mom's house now, sadly).

I hope the next update will improve things for the Aura, I am still ambivalent on whether to keep it or get a Glo instead.
aceflor is offline   Reply With Quote