Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Marvin

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 08-22-2013, 09:00 AM   #1771
kguil
Addict
kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Marvin for iOS
That's the plan.
Old 08-22-2013, 04:07 PM   #1772
RONE
Enthusiast
RONE began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone 4S
I've started a countdown timer to September 10th (the presumed Apple announcement day of new hardware and presumably iOS 7 prime time release). I am pumped for Marvin for iPhone.

Side note, I just talked my dad into getting Marvin for his iPad. He is a fan.
Old 08-22-2013, 05:24 PM   #1773
Turtle91
A Hairy Wizard
Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 11/X/6/iPad 1,2,Air & Air Pro/Surface Pro/Kindle PW & Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by mitchmiller View Post
I know this has been discussed before but percentage progress and word counts are not a substitute for a page count, in my opinion. The lack of a page count is what is keeping me from using Marvin.

Wow...a member for a year and a half and Marvin gets your first post!! Sweet!!

I certainly wouldn't give up on Marvin for that reason....or any other - except maybe.....no, nothing I can think of!
Old 08-22-2013, 05:42 PM   #1774
Turtle91
A Hairy Wizard
Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 11/X/6/iPad 1,2,Air & Air Pro/Surface Pro/Kindle PW & Fire
Hey Kris,

New Feature Request
Is it possible to add custom info/tags to ebooks based on their download source?

For example:
If I go to the OPDS Library "Cuddly Bunny Kids Books" I would like to have any books downloaded from there automatically put into the "Kid's books" collection.

If I go to the OPDS Library "Cuddly Bunny Adult-ish Books" I would like to have any books downloaded from there automatically put into the "Not so kiddish books" collection AND locked with the parental controls lock.

What do you think...is it even possible?
Old 08-22-2013, 10:18 PM   #1775
Shykat
Groupie
Shykat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shykat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shykat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shykat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shykat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shykat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shykat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shykat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shykat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shykat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shykat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone, iPad Mini, my PC and Galaxy Tab A :)
Will Marvin work on older versions of the iOS? I haven't upgraded either my iPhone or my Mini since I got them.... Is there any specific advantage to do the upgrades to the newer os's?

I'm anxious to give the iPhone / Mini sync a try!!!
Old 08-23-2013, 04:54 AM   #1776
Gurvan
Groupie
Gurvan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gurvan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gurvan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gurvan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gurvan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gurvan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gurvan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gurvan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gurvan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gurvan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gurvan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: En Europe, mais pas loin des Etats-Unis et d'un grand groupe de hard-rock Allemand...
Device: iPhone 6+ and iPad 1 (love them both...)
That question is especially important for iPad 1 users who cannot move on to iOS 7.

And before someone asks me to change my iPad, consider the fact that I cannot use professionally an iPad which is camera equipped for security reasons... This is what is keeping me from moving on to an iPad mini for instance...

This is why keeping compatibility with iOs 5 is mandatory for me even at the price of not upgrading...
Old 08-23-2013, 05:41 AM   #1777
drofgnal
Wizard
drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ipad Pro/Kindle Oasis 3/iPhone 13 Pro Max
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurvan View Post
That question is especially important for iPad 1 users who cannot move on to iOS 7.

And before someone asks me to change my iPad, consider the fact that I cannot use professionally an iPad which is camera equipped for security reasons... This is what is keeping me from moving on to an iPad mini for instance...

This is why keeping compatibility with iOs 5 is mandatory for me even at the price of not upgrading...
I've worked in a facility where for security reasons cameras were not allowed. Several people had there cameras on their cell phones disabled by sanding the lens to render them useless. We special ordered blackberries without cameras.
Old 08-23-2013, 05:47 AM   #1778
Gurvan
Groupie
Gurvan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gurvan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gurvan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gurvan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gurvan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gurvan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gurvan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gurvan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gurvan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gurvan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gurvan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: En Europe, mais pas loin des Etats-Unis et d'un grand groupe de hard-rock Allemand...
Not an option for us... The Cameras are banished. Not even disabled one are considered acceptable. But we digress from the main topic here...
Old 08-23-2013, 08:51 AM   #1779
Yarrow
Enthusiast
Yarrow began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS500& PRS505; iPad; and Kindle
How can I access the new Calibre virtual libraries via web connection within Marvin via calibre server?
Old 08-23-2013, 08:56 AM   #1780
artbatista
Groupie
artbatista ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artbatista ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artbatista ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artbatista ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artbatista ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artbatista ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artbatista ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artbatista ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artbatista ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artbatista ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artbatista ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 4, iPad 2
Yes, Marvin is perfectly happy with all iPads, including the first one.

The minimum requirement is IOS 5.

Art

Quote:

Old 08-23-2013, 08:57 AM   #1781
artbatista
Groupie
artbatista ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artbatista ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artbatista ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artbatista ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artbatista ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artbatista ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artbatista ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artbatista ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artbatista ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artbatista ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artbatista ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shykat View Post
Will Marvin work on older versions of the iOS? I haven't upgraded either my iPhone or my Mini since I got them.... Is there any specific advantage to do the upgrades to the newer os's?

I'm anxious to give the iPhone / Mini sync a try!!!
As long as it IOS 5 or better, then it works.

Art
Old 08-23-2013, 03:37 PM   #1782
Gurvan
Groupie

Yes... It is iOS 5 for now... The question rather was "will it stay that way ?"

I mean that Kguil seemed to imply that the new version would take into account iOS 7. If that is in addition to the older iOS 5 then, no complains (At least from me...) if it implies upgrading then I won't be able to...
Old 08-23-2013, 04:31 PM   #1783
artbatista
Groupie

Quote:
Yes... It is iOS 5 for now... The question rather was "will it stay that way ?"

I mean that Kguil seemed to imply that the new version would take into account iOS 7. If that is in addition to the older iOS 5 then, no complains (At least from me...) if it implies upgrading then I won't be able to...
I know that Kris has gone to great length to keep ipad1 in the game. I would think it would be so for a while.

Art
Old 08-24-2013, 02:13 AM   #1784
Gurvan
Groupie

I hope so... I would understand having to upgrade because of technical issues. But then if it is possible to keep the old version running, I am all for it !
Old 08-24-2013, 05:59 PM   #1785
artbatista
Groupie

Quote:
I hope so... I would understand having to upgrade because of technical issues. But then if it is possible to keep the old version running, I am all for it !
Same version, some very minor features are not available in ios5, like Facebook sharing.

Art
Closed Thread