Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 10-18-2018, 09:33 PM   #1
bilaly
bilaly began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura One
Question save to disk template help

Hi,

I'm trying to make a bit of a complex save to disk template because I want to save some of my library on cloud storage.

{#genre}/{#subgenre}/{#category}/{author_sort} - {series:'ifempty($, field('title'))'}/{series_index:'ifempty($, field('title'))'}/{title} - {authors}

When I use save to disk quite a lot of the folders are misspelt I was wondering if this was a common issue or if it's because I'm using the wrong template.

not all books contain data in the custom columns ( {#genre}/{#subgenre}/{#category}) but most do.

the scheme is by no means perfect but the incorrect folder names are annoying me.

I created a custom column to test out the template and there are no spelling errors.

I tried to figure out how to use the lookup function because in the docs it says it's useful for variable file paths but I couldn't figure it out.

any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
bilaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 09:38 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
That template can create a huge path (# characters)
Calibre will try and trim out stuff to keep it legal (for all OS).
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2018, 07:19 PM   #3
bilaly
bilaly began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura One

Great advice thank you. i was able to sort it out now.
bilaly is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
library management, save to disk, template, template language