Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Fictionwise eBookwise

Notices

Old 05-24-2009, 03:43 AM   #1
MrFinch
Collector
MrFinch has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Nokia 770
Regarding fonts and my new 1150

Howdy cowdy's,

Well, after MUCH to-ing and fro-ing between Australia and California, a working 1150 has shown up from my eBay seller (finally!!).

First of all, thanks to all who've posted here with amazing troubleshooting ideas, software updates and general info. This little beastie has been hands down the most user unfriendly device I've ever used in my life, and if it wasn't for these forums I would have thrown it out the car window about a week ago.

As it is, my 9 year old son has appropriated it, and I only really see it when it needs recharging!

But, one quick question-none of us are very impressed with the default font it comes with (not so much the size, but the jaggedness and blockiness of the letters). Does anyone know, is it possible to load your own fonts to the device? Ive tried searching the forums and googling, but come up with nothing useful so far...
MrFinch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 10:37 AM   #2
shighfield
Groupie!? GROUPIE!?!?
shighfield will become famous soon enoughshighfield will become famous soon enoughshighfield will become famous soon enoughshighfield will become famous soon enoughshighfield will become famous soon enoughshighfield will become famous soon enough

Device: EBW 1150, Kobo Touch
I don't think its possible to load new fonts. A lot of that blockiness is just the screen as it doens't have a very high res. You do get used to it, I don't notice that stuff at all anymore.
shighfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-24-2009, 10:39 AM   #3
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
i agree with you the fonts are pretty terrible... i don't like the form of them much myself and more importantly the character set is incomplete. however i didn't find any way to install other fonts.

like shighfield says though, you do get (more or less) used to it ; i never started liking the fonts but it didn't keep me from enjoying reading either (except when i had a text with unsupported characters, which show as empty squares... that *did* drive me crazy. but it's rare for most books).
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 05:49 PM   #4
MrFinch
Collector

Okely dokely-thanks for the quick replies folks, much appreciated!

And as I type, my son has staggered into the kitchen for breakfast, 1150 in hand...I'm never going to see this thing again anyway from the looks of things!
Old 05-24-2009, 05:51 PM   #5
zelda_pinwheel
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrFinch View Post
Okely dokely-thanks for the quick replies folks, much appreciated!

And as I type, my son has staggered into the kitchen for breakfast, 1150 in hand...I'm never going to see this thing again anyway from the looks of things!
sounds like it ! you'll just have to buy your own. (what do you mean you already did ? it doesn't sound like it to me...)
Advert
Old 05-25-2009, 04:12 AM   #6
MrFinch
Collector

Yeah, see that was totally my mistake...thinking I was buying myself a new bookreader and all. Silly me.
Old 05-25-2009, 06:15 AM   #7
zelda_pinwheel

tch.
Old 05-25-2009, 09:37 AM   #8
shighfield
Groupie!? GROUPIE!?!?
shighfield will become famous soon enoughshighfield will become famous soon enoughshighfield will become famous soon enoughshighfield will become famous soon enoughshighfield will become famous soon enoughshighfield will become famous soon enough

Device: EBW 1150, Kobo Touch
I had to buy a second one when I got rid of my Sony due to the fact my wife had claimed my old 1150. (Yes I'm sick, I prefer the 1150 over the PRS 700)
shighfield is offline   Reply With Quote