Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 02-22-2012, 09:48 PM   #1
nrapallo
GuteBook/Mobi2IMP Creator
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: REB1200 EBW1150 Device: T1 NSTG iLiad_v2 NC Device: Asus_TF Next1 WPDN
Predict the Date: Two Millionth Forum Post...

We are around post #1,950,000, so when do you think we will hit that 2,000,000th post?

Follow-up to Countdown to Mobileread.com's (Public Forum) One-Millionth Post...

Note: at the bottom of this linked page, in the "MobileRead Forums Statistics" section, the current number of Posts to date can be found!

The method I use to determine that 2000000th post is illustrated below:
Click image for larger version

Name:	Predict the Date_2000000-final.gif
Views:	159
Size:	20.1 KB
ID:	84829

It uses the "time span" the # posts left to reach 2,000,000 (call it 'D') is needed to reach today's post # from the past and represents that as 'G' days. Then, 'G' days from now becomes the predicted date.

The first few times I have calculated these predictions have resulted in the same date i.e. April 1, 2012!

EDIT: Actual winning date was April 3, 2012 (with post #208342 being posted by pdurrant). Perhaps his mod powers are greater than first thought!

Last edited by nrapallo; 04-03-2012 at 06:17 PM. Reason: indicates the method I use to "predict" that date and charts the results!!!
nrapallo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 10:08 PM   #2
nrapallo
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Ok, I predict
Spoiler:
April 1, 2012
... No really!
Advert
Old 02-23-2012, 01:21 PM   #3
red_phoenix
Grand Sorcerer
red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
I would like:

Spoiler:
April 13, 2012
red_phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 02:19 PM   #4
nrapallo

I wonder if we should use "The Price is Right" rules, i.e. closes to, BUT NOT OVER!
Old 02-24-2012, 08:26 AM   #5
HomeInMyShoes
Grand Sorcerer
HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
April 6th, 2012. Obviously some may try to push that number quicker.
HomeInMyShoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-27-2012, 05:56 PM   #6
nrapallo

BTW, my prediction is still "right on target"....

Oh...., and in case of a tie, the earlier entry WINS........

Wins what? [bragging rights]
Old 02-27-2012, 06:30 PM   #7
Daithi
Publishers are evil!
Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various Kindles
$1

It won't let me post just characters.
Daithi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 06:51 PM   #8
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
April 8th
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 08:47 AM   #9
silvan4now
Groupie
silvan4now ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silvan4now ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silvan4now ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silvan4now ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silvan4now ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silvan4now ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silvan4now ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silvan4now ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silvan4now ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silvan4now ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silvan4now ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I think on April 14
silvan4now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 08:52 AM   #10
HomeInMyShoes
Grand Sorcerer
HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

1,959,069 +a few probably.
Old 03-05-2012, 11:14 AM   #11
nrapallo

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrapallo View Post
BTW, my prediction is still "right on target"....
Uncanning! still on track!!! See post #1 for the method I use to determine that 2000000th post.

It uses the "time span" the # posts left to reach 2,000,000 (call it 'D') is needed to reach today's post # from the past and represents that as 'G' days. Then, 'G' days from now becomes the predicted date.

All the times I have updated these predictions have resulted in the same date i.e. April 1, 2012!

Last edited by nrapallo; 03-12-2012 at 10:06 AM.
Old 03-06-2012, 08:53 AM   #12
HomeInMyShoes
Grand Sorcerer

Looks like the pace is picking up slightly. It might be before the end of the month.
Old 03-12-2012, 10:14 AM   #13
nrapallo

Twenty days to go, I think!

The updated results in post #1 still shows me that April 1, 2012 will be that date.

Is the method I use "flawed" or are we at mobileread.com so damn consistently chatty....

p.s. just so that you know, the post # predicted as being the 2,000,000th keeps increasing as the forum software uses on post # for both the members and moderators sections. Whereas the Total Posts only uses member post and excludes all moderator posts in that post count. The post # itself doesn't, so we can indirectly infer the number of moderator and/or deleted posts as well.

I know useless info, but someone has to keep these facts straight... ;rofl:
Old 03-14-2012, 02:12 AM   #14
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Quote:
Originally Posted by nrapallo View Post

I know useless info, but someone has to keep these facts straight... ;rofl:[/SIZE]

Hey Nick.

I'll guess.. $2

Oh! and April 4th.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 03:46 PM   #15
nrapallo

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreams View Post

Hey Nick.

I'll guess.. $2

Oh! and April 4th.
Hi dreamy dreams, ... oh, ... I'm not in a dream, ok then, Hi dreams!

Great guess! As I recall, you were so close to actually being the 1,000,000th poster in July 2010 with post#1010823 (my official prediction then)!

Tags
2000000, million, post, predict