Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 03-05-2014, 03:03 PM   #1
rxmom03
Addict
rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pixel 8, iPad Air, Kobo Aura One, Kobo Clara 2E
Can't connect Kobo Aura

I can't connect my Kobo Aura to calibre--I'm not sure what I messed up but am starting here and will move to the Kobo forums if necessary

When I connect my Kobo Aura, calibre says it can't connect and gives me this error

calibre, version 1.26.0
ERROR: Error: Error communicating with device

database disk image is malformed

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\device.py", line 86, in run
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\device.py", line 490, in _books
File "site-packages\calibre\devices\kobo\driver.py", line 1781, in books
File "site-packages\calibre\devices\kobo\driver.py", line 1657, in get_bookshelvesforbook
DatabaseError: database disk image is malformed

Before I got this error I forgot to eject my Aura/microSDcard manually and messed it up. I have reformatted my card but it hasn't seemed to clear it. I get the same error message whether my card is in my Aura or not.

Any ideas what I need to do? Clear it all and start over? Thanks for your help!

Mary
rxmom03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 03:25 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
This is a Kobo side problem
I am moving this thread there for you
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-05-2014, 03:33 PM   #3
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
Somehow your database has become corrupted. There are various oopsies that can make this happen, for example, an "unsafe" disconnect or putting the device to sleep when something is being written to the Db.

You will want to get a fresh copy of the Db onto your device. I use the mighty fine Kobo Utility plugin and save a copy of my healthy database fairly often, so I can just replace the baddy with a goody.

If you don't have that option, then sign out of your Kobo account on the device, and sign back in. You will get a fresh DB and the Kobo books and the sideloaded books will reload. Hopefully, you have been updating the %read on calibre (also the Utility Plugin) so you can restore your bookmarks.
taming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 01:31 AM   #4
rxmom03
Addict
rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks! That is what I needed to do. I didn't realize what the Kobo Utility plugin did, but I do know and am prepared for next time!

One more question--my collections have gotten all mixed up. The books are still in the right collections (as far as I can tell), but the collection names are not in alphabetical order any more. Is there an easy fix for this? During all this I apparently got updated to the new Kobo version 3.2 so don't know if that did anything.

Mary
Old 03-07-2014, 05:30 AM   #5
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

There are three ways to sort collections on the device: Collection name, Number of books, or Date Created. Press on the words after sort (in italics) and you will get a menu so you can make your choice.
Advert
Old 03-07-2014, 12:06 PM   #6
rxmom03
Addict

If I am in "Books" I have options on how to sort (recently read, title, author, file size or type), but in "My Collections" there is nothing on the grey line for me to pick. Only the 3 lines on the far right-if I press on that I get an option for "new collection".

From the 3 options you listed, I am guessing my collections are sorted by date created. Just by elimination they are not sorted by name or size of collection.

Thanks for your help!

Mary
Old 03-07-2014, 04:49 PM   #7
taming
Trying for calm & polite

So, on the grey line it doesn't say something like Sort: Collection name? That's what I see, and a press on Collection name results in the 3 choices.
Old 03-07-2014, 09:30 PM   #8
rxmom03
Addict

Nope (I just looked again to be sure ). When I am looking at "Books", "Previews" or "Articles from Pocket" I get the sort options you mentioned. Under "My Collections" I have no options except for the far right where you can add a new collection.

I have even pressed on the grey bar like there was something there, but nothing pops up. And here I thought I was going to miss all the problems people have with Kobo

Mary
Old 03-07-2014, 10:18 PM   #9
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Quote:
Originally Posted by rxmom03 View Post
Nope (I just looked again to be sure ). When I am looking at "Books", "Previews" or "Articles from Pocket" I get the sort options you mentioned. Under "My Collections" I have no options except for the far right where you can add a new collection.

I have even pressed on the grey bar like there was something there, but nothing pops up. And here I thought I was going to miss all the problems people have with Kobo

Mary
I wonder if the displaying of those options is based on what is in there Kobo eReader.conf file?
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 10:45 PM   #10
rxmom03
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
I wonder if the displaying of those options is based on what is in there Kobo eReader.conf file?
What should I look for? And please type slowly

Mary

Last edited by rxmom03; 03-07-2014 at 10:46 PM. Reason: because I really do know how to spell
Old 03-08-2014, 12:01 AM   #11
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Lol... I'm really NOT sure at all what settings might be of use.

For the heck of it, here's a copy of what I think is the relevant portion of mine
Spoiler:

Code:
[ApplicationPreferences]
AIRPLANE_MODE=false
BrightnessOpenCount=-1
CurrentLocale=en_US
DictionaryOpenCount=-1
EarliestChangeLog=2.1.5
LastLibraryReadingStatusFilter_books_filterByBundled%28%29=removeReadingStatusFilter()
LastLibraryReadingStatusFilter_books_filterByMine%28%29=removeReadingStatusFilter()
LastLibraryReadingStatusFilter_books_filterByPreviews%28%29=removeReadingStatusFilter()
LastLibraryReadingStatusFilter_shelf_filterByBookshelf%28Bryant%20%26%20May%29=removeReadingStatusFilter()
LastLibraryReadingStatusFilter_shelf_filterByBookshelf%28Flavia%20de%20Luce%29=removeReadingStatusFilter()
LastLibraryReadingStatusFilter_shelf_filterByBookshelf%28Jim%20Qwilleran%20Feline%20Whodunnit%29=removeReadingStatusFilter()
LastLibraryReadingStatusFilter_shelf_filterByBookshelf%28Manuals%29=removeReadingStatusFilter()
LastLibraryReadingStatusFilter_shelf_filterByBookshelf%28Oxford%20Time%20Travel%29=removeReadingStatusFilter()
LastLibraryReadingStatusFilter_shelf_filterByBookshelf%28Reading%29=removeReadingStatusFilter()
LastLibraryReadingStatusFilter_shelf_filterByBookshelf%28Silverwing%29=removeReadingStatusFilter()
LastLibraryReadingStatusFilter_shelf_filterByBookshelf%28The%20Clifton%20Chronicles%29=removeReadingStatusFilter()
LastLibraryReadingStatusFilter_shelf_filterByBookshelf%28ZZ_Added_2014_01%29=removeReadingStatusFilter()
LastLibraryReadingStatusFilter_shelf_filterByBookshelf%28ZZ_Added_2014_02%29=removeReadingStatusFilter()
LastLibrarySorter_Recommendations_=sortByNull()
LastLibrarySorter_articles_filterByArticles%28%29=sortByNewest()
LastLibrarySorter_books_=sortByNewest()
LastLibrarySorter_books_filterByArticles%28%29=sortByNewest()
LastLibrarySorter_books_filterByBundled%28%29=sortByNewest()
LastLibrarySorter_books_filterByMine%28%29=sortByNewest()
LastLibrarySorter_books_filterByPreviews%28%29=sortByNewest()
LastLibrarySorter_shelfList_=sortByItemCount()
LastLibrarySorter_shelf_filterByBookshelf%28Bryant%20%26%20May%29=sortByNewest()
LastLibrarySorter_shelf_filterByBookshelf%28Flavia%20de%20Luce%29=sortByNewest()
LastLibrarySorter_shelf_filterByBookshelf%28Jim%20Qwilleran%20Feline%20Whodunnit%29=sortByTitle()
LastLibrarySorter_shelf_filterByBookshelf%28Manuals%29=sortByNewest()
LastLibrarySorter_shelf_filterByBookshelf%28Oxford%20Time%20Travel%29=sortByNewest()
LastLibrarySorter_shelf_filterByBookshelf%28Reading%29=sortByNewest()
LastLibrarySorter_shelf_filterByBookshelf%28Silverwing%29=sortByNewest()
LastLibrarySorter_shelf_filterByBookshelf%28The%20Clifton%20Chronicles%29=sortByNewest()
LastLibrarySorter_shelf_filterByBookshelf%28ZZ_Added_2014_01%29=sortByNewest()
LastLibrarySorter_shelf_filterByBookshelf%28ZZ_Added_2014_02%29=sortByNewest()
LastLibraryViewType_articles=viewBy3x3ArticleGrid()
LastLibraryViewType_books=viewBy5List()
LastLibraryViewType_news=viewBy5List()
LastLibraryViewType_shelf=viewBy5Shelf()
LastSyncTime=@Variant(\0\0\0\x10\0%|\x94\x1!\x1d\x16\x2)
ReadABookShown=true
SwipeDialogShown=true
hasSyncedExistingRelatedItems=true
pocketFteTileShown=true
showFirstTimeExperience=0

This is from .kobo/Kobo/Kobo eReader.conf
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 01:04 AM   #12
rxmom03
Addict

Ha! I may have to look at that again in the morning when I feel braver! I'm not worth much after working the evening shift.

Mary
Old 03-08-2014, 02:49 AM   #13
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
I would have expected that an Aura with 3.2.0 would have the sort menu on the collection list. The Glo does, and from what taming said, the Aura HD does as well. I would expect that the grey bar at the top of the list to have "Sort:" on the left side followed by one of "Date created", "Collection name" or "Number of books". Pressing that would drop down a list.

If that isn't there, I don't know why and I don't know of an option in the config file to show or hide it. But, see https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=234942 for a discussion on adding the appropriate line to sort the list as desired.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 03:08 AM   #14
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
David, it is there. You can sort from the collection screen. And I haven't touched anything at the conf file.

Last edited by Terisa de morgan; 03-08-2014 at 03:10 AM.
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 03:12 AM   #15
arasyi
Zealot
arasyi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arasyi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arasyi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arasyi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arasyi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arasyi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arasyi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arasyi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arasyi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arasyi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arasyi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
I would have expected that an Aura with 3.2.0 would have the sort menu on the collection list. The Glo does, and from what taming said, the Aura HD does as well. I would expect that the grey bar at the top of the list to have "Sort:" on the left side followed by one of "Date created", "Collection name" or "Number of books". Pressing that would drop down a list.

If that isn't there, I don't know why and I don't know of an option in the config file to show or hide it. But, see https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=234942 for a discussion on adding the appropriate line to sort the list as desired.
My glo by default doesn't have the sort menu on Collection,
but adding one of these lines in Kobo eReader.conf fixed it (Thanks!):
Code:
LastLibrarySorter_shelfList_=sortByShelfName()
LastLibrarySorter_shelfList_=sortByCreationDate()
LastLibrarySorter_shelfList_=sortByItemCount()
arasyi is offline   Reply With Quote