Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 04-19-2011, 11:54 PM   #1
namira
namira began at the beginning.

Device: ipad
download

I have tried 2x to download and use the Calibre program, the program locks up my computer and I have to run a restore and dump the program. I am running windows vista, Is vista not compatible with Calibre?
namira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 02:15 AM   #2
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
There should be no problems using Calibre on Vista.

The fact that it causes a lock-up suggests that there is something fundamentally wrong on your system. Even if it was going to fail, Calibre should not cause a lock-up.

I would be tempted to:
- Run a memory check using something like memtest86+
- Run a full disk check including a sector level scan
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-20-2011, 02:42 AM   #3
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by namira View Post
I have tried 2x to download and use the Calibre program, the program locks up my computer and I have to run a restore and dump the program. I am running windows vista, Is vista not compatible with Calibre?
Does it complete the install then lock up when you run the program?
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote