Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 10-07-2012, 04:21 AM   #1
Shark69
Zealot
Shark69 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shark69 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shark69 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shark69 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shark69 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shark69 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shark69 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shark69 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shark69 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shark69 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shark69 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2
T2 screen vs. T1 screen

From the russian forum:

T2 display has better contrast, higher reflectivity and warm white color. T1 screen gives colour what is perceived as "gray".
If this is the result of changes in technology, "the ink", or the transmission spectrum of the glass, it does not matter. There is a fact, and this is important.

The improvement of the power supply circuit screen (and perhaps the best of its software configuration) gives a significant effect to reduce the visibility of artifacts: the T1 (left) screen and the T2 on the right with the same book...

http://www.the-ebook.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=25326
Shark69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 03:55 PM   #2
jakeluck
Groupie
jakeluck could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jakeluck could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jakeluck could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jakeluck could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jakeluck could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jakeluck could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jakeluck could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jakeluck could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jakeluck could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jakeluck could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jakeluck could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

thank you for the snap. impressive. now if we can only get higher dpi.
jakeluck is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-07-2012, 03:58 PM   #3
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
The one on the right is the T2.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 10:44 AM   #4
gonzule
before sleep, read or TV?
gonzule began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
thanks for the info, its nice to see a comparison between the screens.

Actually, both look the same to me. I had a PRS505 and i still found the screen to look really nice. To me, the most important thing would be for the screen to look as white as possible, to make it feel like a real book. The artifacts, refresh rate and resolution is irrelevant to me. I never complained about those while reading a printed book, hahaha
gonzule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 12:16 AM   #5
Teknikal
Fanatic
Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony T1, Note Pro 12.2, Honor 10
I'm not totally convinced of this as I had to get a replacement T1 about a month ago and the very first thing I noticed was the screen was considerably whiter and just better than my old one.

Based on that I doubt theres any difference between the newer T1's and the T2 screen hardware wise at least in recent batches, but I acknowledge software wise the T2 probably does have a few more tricks to help the display.
Teknikal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-12-2012, 09:30 AM   #6
uboot
Evangelist
uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.

Device: Kobo Mini, Tolino Epos 2
Many thanks! Your screenshot confirms my hope that the contrast has simply been improved via software / better epd driver...
uboot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 11:57 AM   #7
palo
Enthusiast
palo began at the beginning.

Device: Sony T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by gonzule View Post
...Actually, both look the same to me...
I'd suggest you check your monitor settings as there is no doubt a difference!

Mind you, that may not be enough of a significant difference to matter to you though. I'd suggest those of you with a T1 to go to a store and do a side by side comparison of the two screens.

p
palo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 05:06 PM   #8
AnotherCat
AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ....
Maybe there was a change in the T1 screens at some stage of production, or some are just different to others, as my T1 does not show the artifacts shown in the photo at all?

To the eye anyway, it may be different in an image taken with some or all digital cameras due to their sensor frequency sensitivity differing from the eye but if so that is of no relevance to the intended use of the reader.
AnotherCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 09:54 PM   #9
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by uboot View Post
Many thanks! Your screenshot confirms my hope that the contrast has simply been improved via software / better epd driver...
Or it could be just a better screen and the software/driver isn't what's making it look better.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote