Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 08-13-2010, 07:59 AM   #1
Juliette
I eat books
Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Gen3 PRS-505 PRS-600 PB360 PB302 K2 Opus BebookMini OnyxBoox K3 KDXG
DX size (or: could it fit this?)

Since the DXG will be staying home for a while (like me!), I don't have a real urgence for a proper cover- I'll do a bit of cover shopping later in autumn. Anyway, just in case, does the DX fits into a 12"1 notebook cover (in my case, the one for my old iBook G4)? Or a Macbook cover? I can store it safely on a shelf, but a bit more protection would be fantastic.

(The shipment should be out for delivery Monday- so I'm just preparing myself, and that's why I can't "fit" it on my own)

Thank you all
Juliette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 08:41 AM   #2
nimblem
Addict
nimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the rough

Device: Pocket Pro, Kindle Dx
I am waiting on a cover to come in as well.. in the mean time I took an old binder and cut it fit the dx the sewed some scrap cloth around it stuffing it with an old pillow to protect it. It's a bit thick but it will protect it from my boys for the time. Took all of about 10 mins.
nimblem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 02:32 PM   #3
jswinden
Nameless Being

My guess is that it probably will. The Kindle DX is about 12.5" in the diagonal. I'm not sure what the actual diagonal dimension of a 12.1" iBook is, but including the bezel around the screen it is most likely bigger than the Kindle DX.
Old 08-13-2010, 05:17 PM   #4
Tomsk
Womble
Tomsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tomsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tomsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tomsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tomsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tomsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tomsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tomsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tomsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tomsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tomsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KFHDX8.9, Fujitsu S1300, Voyage, K7
DXG - 10.4" x 7.2" x 0.38"
12" iBook G4 - 11.2" x 9.1" x 1.35"

Might need to stuff some socks in the case.
Tomsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 06:35 AM   #5
Juliette
I eat books
Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Gen3 PRS-505 PRS-600 PB360 PB302 K2 Opus BebookMini OnyxBoox K3 KDXG
Quote:
Originally Posted by nimblem View Post
I am waiting on a cover to come in as well.. in the mean time I took an old binder and cut it fit the dx the sewed some scrap cloth around it stuffing it with an old pillow to protect it. It's a bit thick but it will protect it from my boys for the time. Took all of about 10 mins.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jswinden View Post
My guess is that it probably will. The Kindle DX is about 12.5" in the diagonal. I'm not sure what the actual diagonal dimension of a 12.1" iBook is, but including the bezel around the screen it is most likely bigger than the Kindle DX.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomsk View Post
DXG - 10.4" x 7.2" x 0.38"
12" iBook G4 - 11.2" x 9.1" x 1.35"

Might need to stuff some socks in the case.
Thank you all so yes, operation recycle is here!
Juliette is offline   Reply With Quote