Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Workshop

Notices

Old 12-20-2009, 10:19 PM   #1
autumnmoon
autumnmoon began at the beginning.

Device: none
Installed Dingbat font won't display in Firefox

I installed a dingbat font to decorate my chapter headings. The dingbats displayed correctly in IE and in the LIT file I generated using readerworks. However, it did not display correctly when I opened the html file in Mozilla Firefox in the same computer.

So for Chapter 1 instead of

Dingbat 1 dingbat

it showed up as

M 1 m

I'm new to html and would appreiate some help.
autumnmoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 12:55 PM   #2
frabjous
Wizard
frabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Sony PRS-505
What version of firefox was it?

Could you post the relevant HTML code here?
frabjous is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-22-2009, 12:50 AM   #3
autumnmoon
autumnmoon began at the beginning.

Device: none
Thanks, I also used Frontpage to make the html file. Maybe that has something to do with it? Oh, and Firefox version is 3.5.6.

Code:
<style>

body{
font-family:"Georgia", serif;
}

h1{
font-family:"Bookman Old Style", serif;
font-size:300%;
text-align:center;
}

span.decorate{
font-family:"Nymphette";
}

</style>

<body>
<h1><span class="decorate">e</span>1<span class="decorate">f</span></h1>
</body>

Last edited by autumnmoon; 12-22-2009 at 12:52 AM.
autumnmoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 10:57 AM   #4
frabjous
Wizard
frabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Sony PRS-505
Nymphette is the exact name of the dingbat font in question? And it's installed? I don't see why this shouldn't work. I sure as heck can't see why it would be "M 1 m" rather than "e1f".

I used your code... adding only <html> and </html> at the beginning and end, and <head>... </head> before and after <style>...</style> (which I assume you had elsewhere), and changed the font names to ones I had installed, and it worked just fine in Firefox 3.5.6 for Ubuntu.
frabjous is offline   Reply With Quote