Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 09-04-2014, 03:12 AM   #1
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer
Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Libra2, Clara 2e, Kindle PW SE & Kindle 2022
Kobo Aura H2O covers

I thought I'd see if we could get a 'might fit the Kobo Aura H2O' cover thread going.

On day 1 (I haven't pre ordered but plan to get one as soon as it hits the shops) I'd like to have a slip cover ready. Nate the Great in his blog post has already said the Aura H20 is slightly thinner than the HD, the specs say it's a few mm's longer as well so does anyone have any slip covers for their HD with a little wiggle room in the length?

I just wondered what might fit the H2O. I don't want one too big.

Edited to add the dimensions from the Kobo site (no inches showing for the H2O)

Kobo Aura HD 175.7 x 128.3 x 11.7 (6.91 x 5.05 x 0.46)
Kobo Aura H2O 179 x 129 x 9.7

Last edited by Josieb1; 09-04-2014 at 03:16 AM.
Josieb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 08:03 AM   #2
treadlightly
Wizard
treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O
Gecko already has an H2O section on their website. I'm hoping they will post something more custom before Oct 1. I liked the look of the Protection cover for the Aura HD so I'm hoping it will resemble that.
treadlightly is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-04-2014, 08:12 AM   #3
ersott
Evangelist
ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle paperwhite2, Ipad Air, Kobo Aura H2o
In ebay, there is a very funny cover for Kobo aura h2o

http://www.ebay.es/itm/WATERPROOF-SL...b1c2ca6&_uhb=1

ersott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 09:30 AM   #4
simond
Fanatic
simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, iPad, iPhone
Can see them selling loads of those...
simond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 09:34 AM   #5
ShellShock
Wizard
ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: IPad Mini 2 Retina
I would wait for Gecko to bring out a slim fit cover. I have one for my HD and it is great http://www.geckocovers.com/kobo-aura...fit-cover.html.
ShellShock is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-04-2014, 10:40 AM   #6
treadlightly
Wizard
treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShellShock View Post
I would wait for Gecko to bring out a slim fit cover. I have one for my HD and it is great http://www.geckocovers.com/kobo-aura...fit-cover.html.
That metal piece on the cover would prevent me from buying that model. It just screams "sharp edge!" to me.
Old 09-04-2014, 11:33 AM   #7
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer
Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by treadlightly View Post
Gecko already has an H2O section on their website. I'm hoping they will post something more custom before Oct 1. I liked the look of the Protection cover for the Aura HD so I'm hoping it will resemble that.
Thanks for the link. The felt sleeve would work but the leather sleeve isn't wide enough.
Old 09-04-2014, 02:55 PM   #8
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer

I just bought this one in red from ebay, I figured that for £4.99 I had nothing to lose.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/321503639452

I'm not interested in the folding ability.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	1173
Size:	24.1 KB
ID:	127875  
Old 09-04-2014, 03:50 PM   #9
Lyn2012
Addict
Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, iPhone 8, iPad Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josieb1 View Post
I just bought this one in red from ebay, I figured that for £4.99 I had nothing to lose.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/321503639452

I'm not interested in the folding ability.
It looks a good buy - did you notice the Bundle contents?

Bundle Contents:

1 x Kobo Aura HD H2O
1 x Stylus
Lyn2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 03:53 PM   #10
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyn2012 View Post
It looks a good buy - did you notice the Bundle contents?

Bundle Contents:

1 x Kobo Aura HD H2O
1 x Stylus
I wish
Old 09-06-2014, 02:59 PM   #11
ShellShock
Wizard
ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: IPad Mini 2 Retina
Quote:
Originally Posted by treadlightly View Post
That metal piece on the cover would prevent me from buying that model. It just screams "sharp edge!" to me.
That would never have occurred to me as an issue.
ShellShock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2014, 03:27 PM   #12
jackastor
Wizard
jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iphone stanza, kobo touch,ASUS TF300,KOBO GLO, Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShellShock View Post
That would never have occurred to me as an issue.
having the slim fit cover that treadlightly has. I can assure you that there are no sharp edges.

regards

Jack
jackastor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2014, 04:07 PM   #13
treadlightly
Wizard

I don't have the slim fit cover but can I ask you a weird question about it jackastor in case it is the only case Gecko offers? Would you feel comfortable rubbing the edge of the case with that metal piece along sensitive skin (like the inside of your arm for example) with a bit of pressure? That's how sensitive my skin is, I get a lot of scratches.
Old 09-08-2014, 01:45 PM   #14
treadlightly
Wizard

Caseable has posted an Aura H2O page. It uses elastic corners to hold the device and the covers are customizable. Good for taking the device in and out of the cover quickly for bathtime use, but a little pricey for this type of cover at $44.90.
Old 09-15-2014, 08:14 AM   #15
treadlightly
Wizard

DNSB posted a link to the official H2O sleepcover in another thread:

Kobo Aura H2O SleepCover - Black $49.99 CDN

It looks pretty nice, but I'd like to see some after-market cases before deciding.