Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex > iRex Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 07-03-2009, 04:08 AM   #1
JamesT
JamesT began at the beginning.

Device: iRex iLiad
iLiad no longer 'remembers' last page read?

Hi All

My iLiad no longer 'remembers' last page read?
On boot it now goes to start of last book being read!

The last thing I installed was new Contentlister although I am unsure whether this has any bearing.

Has anyone else experienced this issue?

Any advice much appreciated

JamesT

Last edited by JamesT; 07-04-2009 at 07:22 AM.
JamesT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 04:35 PM   #2
Shaggy
Wizard
Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iRex iLiad, DR800SG
This can happen if the manifest gets screwed up or if the iLiad isn't able to modify the manifest file (memory card in read only mode, filesystem corrupted, funny characters in filename maybe?).

You can try deleting the document from your iLiad and uploading it again. That should create a new manifest file for it.
Shaggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 04:22 AM   #3
JamesT

Thanks Shaggy

I deleted all the ebooks on my iLiad and exported them all again from Mobipocket reader. Unfortunately it did not cure the problem. I did check that books remembered last page read within Mobipocket on my laptop and this worked ok so it would appear the problem is an iLiad one. I cannot see any manifest files on the iLiad in the books folders tho? Where do I find them?

My 4GB CF card does not have a read/write tab

I do have trouble synchronising the Mobipocket reader with the iLiad but eventually it does recognnise the iLiad if I reboot the laptop and the iLiad.

I guess I can live with the problem

Thanks for reply tho'

JamesT
Old 07-09-2009, 08:21 AM   #4
JamesT

Hi Shaggy

Just noticed that some ebooks remember last page read and others do not. I cannot determine why some work and others do not but just thought I would give this info in case anyone else has same problem.

JamesT
Old 07-09-2009, 11:59 AM   #5
Shaggy
Wizard
Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iRex iLiad, DR800SG
You won't see the manifest files from the ContentLister. What happens after you open a new document for the first time is that the iLiad creates a directory with the same name, moves the document file into that directory, and then creates the manifest file/etc. The manifest (I think) is where it stores information like the last page. None of this is visible from the ContentLister, which will continue to show just the original filename, but you can get in and see it if you have shell access.

If it only happens on certain books, is there anything odd or unique about the filenames for those books? With Mobipocket, I think the filename and the book title are not necessarily the same thing. I'm not sure which one the ContentLister shows. Look at the Mobipocket file on your PC for a book that is having problems and see if there are any funny characters, spaces, symbols in the filename. Try changing the filename to something really simple, transfer the document to the iLiad again, and see if it makes any difference.
Shaggy is offline   Reply With Quote