Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 06-14-2009, 08:12 AM   #1
nigeldb
email tragic
nigeldb once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.nigeldb once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.nigeldb once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.nigeldb once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.nigeldb once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.nigeldb once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.nigeldb once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.nigeldb once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.nigeldb once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.nigeldb once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.nigeldb once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: iLiad, Cybook, iPhone
Can't see CF when iLiad is connected to PC

Hi dumb questions, but shoudl I be able to see the CF as a folder when my iLiad is connected to my PC. The iliad comes up as a separate drive with folders, Books, News, Outbox etc, but I can's seem to find the CF.

CF = Sandisk Ultra II 2GB.

Is the only option to remove the CF, connect to the PC and drop all the books into that?

Thanks for the help.

nigel db
nigeldb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 01:02 PM   #2
yokos
Pac-Man caught my iLiad.
yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Boox Max Lumi, iRex iLiad (RIP)
Please use "iLiad Settings"/"USB Connection" (it's page 3 or so) to choose which memory get's mounted to PC.
Internal memory is default setting.

[edit]
There are no "dumb questions" only dumb answers.
But because you thought it could be a "dumb questions" you should have RTFM. ;-) I never write RTFM because we all have to start somewhere. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RTFM
The official user manual:
http://support.irexnet.com/index.php...itemid=4&nav=0

Last edited by yokos; 06-14-2009 at 02:12 PM.
yokos is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-21-2009, 11:00 PM   #3
nigeldb
email tragic
nigeldb once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.nigeldb once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.nigeldb once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.nigeldb once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.nigeldb once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.nigeldb once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.nigeldb once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.nigeldb once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.nigeldb once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.nigeldb once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.nigeldb once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Thanks Yokos,

I don't want to see either the internal memory OR the CF, I was hoping there was a way to see both so I can easily shift files between the two. Any ideas ?

Nigel db
Old 06-22-2009, 11:31 AM   #4
Shaggy
Wizard
Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iRex iLiad, DR800SG
You can't see both, just one at a time.

The options for moving files between them are:

1) Use a PC in the middle. IE, copy a file from the internal memory to a PC, then from the PC to the CF card.

2) Install the developers kit and load one of the third party file managers.

3) Something I haven't thought of.
Shaggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 07:30 PM   #5
nigeldb
email tragic

Thanks

Thanks to everyone, I now understand the limitations

I'll work on the suggestions and look at taking the plunge and downloading some of the developer software.

Nigel db
Advert