Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Uploads - Patricia Clark Memorial Library > Offline > BBeB/LRF Books (offline)

Notices

Old 11-16-2008, 08:29 AM   #1
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Rice, Craig: The Thursday Turkey Murders. v1. 16 Nov 08

This is the second in the Bingo and Handsome humorous mytery series, by Craig Rice, published back in 1943. (Sidebar: Ah-ha, now I know what the word "Bingo" means...see the Lounge for more obscure references to Bingo!)

POTENTIAL ISSUE: There was a missing title header for Chapter 24. I have yet to read this novel, but I went through Chapters 23-25, trying to decide if text was actually missing or if the Header was simply missing. I couldn't verify this one way or the other, but I went ahead and added a Chapter 24 where a break seemed indicative of a new chapter. I could be wrong, however. If someone owns a paper copy so this can be verified, I would appreciate it.

ALSO, there were many, many errors in this scanned copy. I tried to correct as many as I could find, but I am certain a questionable number remain.

Now, with all that in mind, I'm hoping that you'll enjoy this book.

This is all I have on the plot:

"Continues the adventures of Bingo and Handsome, 'co-partners of the International Foto, Motion Picture, and Television Corporation of America (or, to put it more bluntly, street photographers), whose first adventures were related in 'The Sunday Pigeon Murders.'" [I made that copy available here on MobileRead.]

Like all the books I assemble on MobileRead, this too was assembled to reflect human intervention and artistic judgment.

I hope you enjoy it.

Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 02:25 PM   #2
GypsyWoman
Groupie
GypsyWoman will become famous soon enoughGypsyWoman will become famous soon enoughGypsyWoman will become famous soon enoughGypsyWoman will become famous soon enoughGypsyWoman will become famous soon enoughGypsyWoman will become famous soon enough

Device: Sony E Reader PRS-505/iTouch/Blackberry Curve-Pink
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
This is the second in the Bingo and Handsome humorous mytery series, by Craig Rice, published back in 1943. (Sidebar: Ah-ha, now I know what the word "Bingo" means...see the Lounge for more obscure references to Bingo!)

POTENTIAL ISSUE: There was a missing title header for Chapter 24. I have yet to read this novel, but I went through Chapters 23-25, trying to decide if text was actually missing or if the Header was simply missing. I couldn't verify this one way or the other, but I went ahead and added a Chapter 24 where a break seemed indicative of a new chapter. I could be wrong, however. If someone owns a paper copy so this can be verified, I would appreciate it.

ALSO, there were many, many errors in this scanned copy. I tried to correct as many as I could find, but I am certain a questionable number remain.

Now, with all that in mind, I'm hoping that you'll enjoy this book.

This is all I have on the plot:

"Continues the adventures of Bingo and Handsome, 'co-partners of the International Foto, Motion Picture, and Television Corporation of America (or, to put it more bluntly, street photographers), whose first adventures were related in 'The Sunday Pigeon Murders.'" [I made that copy available here on MobileRead.]

Like all the books I assemble on MobileRead, this too was assembled to reflect human intervention and artistic judgment.

I hope you enjoy it.

Don
Hello!

I can't seem to get this one loaded. I've never had that problem before. Any suggestions?
GypsyWoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-19-2008, 04:23 PM   #3
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by GypsyWoman View Post
Hello!

I can't seem to get this one loaded. I've never had that problem before. Any suggestions?
I haven't actually loaded it onto my Reader, but it opens fine using Sony's Ebook Library.

Can you give me additional information, please, about the problem?

In the meantime, I'll load it onto my Reader and see what happens.

ADDED: I've loaded it onto my Reader and it reads it fine. Do you mean you are unable to download it from MobileRead?

Thank you,
Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote