Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 11-07-2013, 10:29 PM   #1
kitchenwitch04
kitchenwitch04 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle fire first generation
Exclamation @@@Newbie to calibre need help asap plz!@@@

Hello. I have been using calibre for about a week or so without any issues. Books were going to my device just fine and I was able to track my transfers in the "personal documents" section on Amazon where I manage my kindle account. Last night I got stupid, it was late and I wanted to get done, so not knowing that I was doing anything wrong I highlighted the rest of the books (around 750 or so) and hit ""send to device" (which is a kindle fire first generation). Anyway after about 15 minutes it seemed to be doing fine so I left the computer while it was transferring and woke up 3 hours later to find that my internet connection had been lost and I had some error message about files not being transferred correctly and that I could go to some file and that is where I would find the books). Well before I could figure out what the message meant, I accidentally clicked it and it disappeared. So I shut everything down and next morning when I looked on my kindle nothing showed up that I had tried to transfer. So I tried to resend some books to my kindle from calibre, and although calibre showed that the books had been transferred to my kindle, they are nowhere on my device nor do they show up in my "personal document" transfer log on Amazon. I don't know where the files are going, but like I said, Calibre shows that they are being sent to my device. Is there anyone that can help me with some "non-techie" instructions so I can try to fix this? Thanks Tina
kitchenwitch04 is offline   Reply With Quote