Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 02-27-2013, 10:28 AM   #1
kilgetty
kilgetty began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Keyboard
Exclamation Calibre crashes on installation.

I have had Calibre running on my desktop for some time but I would also like it on my new Laptop, so I copied my "Calibre Library" to the laptop. Downloaded and started to installed Calibre and when it gets to the window where you can select where the library is located, I click on "Browse" and everything disappears. I have tried an older version of Calibre in case the new version had a bug, but no it still crashes.
I would be grateful if anyone has any ideas why this is happening.
kilgetty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 10:47 AM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by kilgetty View Post
I have had Calibre running on my desktop for some time but I would also like it on my new Laptop, so I copied my "Calibre Library" to the laptop. Downloaded and started to installed Calibre and when it gets to the window where you can select where the library is located, I click on "Browse" and everything disappears. I have tried an older version of Calibre in case the new version had a bug, but no it still crashes.
I would be grateful if anyone has any ideas why this is happening.
Did you try these FAQ items http://manual.calibre-ebook.com/faq.html#id51
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-28-2013, 08:58 AM   #3
kilgetty

Hi theducks,
Yes I have looked all through the Calibre website but cannot find anything relating to my problem.
Old 02-28-2013, 09:03 AM   #4
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by kilgetty View Post
Yes I have looked all through the Calibre website but cannot find anything relating to my problem.
theducks was pointing to a specific FAQ section titled "calibre is not starting on Windows?" not the web site in general. Have you tried everything suggested in that FAQ section? The section after that (calibre freezes/crashes occasionally?) may also apply.

Last edited by DoctorOhh; 02-28-2013 at 09:07 AM.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 09:12 AM   #5
kilgetty

Hi DoctorOhh,
I understood what theducks meant and I have in fact read through all of the FAQ's including the ones you have underlined, but they do not match the problem I am experiencing.
Advert