Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 09-26-2012, 03:32 AM   #1
Blacklight
Blacklight began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle2
Exclamation Calibre won't send anything to my Kindle2

I have a second generation Kindle. After I downloaded the new update for Calibre, the program won't send anything to my Kindle. Calibre SAYS that the stuff is sent and on the device, but the books are definitely NOT on the device. I checked and the files aren't even in there. I'm stumped. My Kindle has the latest firmware and works fine otherwise. I can drag and drop text files and PDF's directly to it no problem.

Help!!!
Blacklight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 03:40 AM   #2
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Follow Kovid's advice here. Report back if it works.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-27-2012, 03:08 PM   #3
Blacklight
Blacklight began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle2
I've figured out the solution to the problem. It appears that with the new version of Calibre, the default file type to send to the Kindle is now an AZW3 file. My Kindle likes MOBI. So What I have to do when I send a book to the Kindle is to chose the option "Send Specific Format To.." and select "MOBI".

I've been looking all over the options menu and I can't seem to find an option for making MOBI the default type of file it sends. Did they hide it somewhere where I'm not looking?
Blacklight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 03:18 PM   #4
DrChiper
Bookish
DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PC, t1, t2, t3, aura 2 v1, clara HD, Libra 2, Nxtpaper 11
Perhaps: Preferences - Plugins - Kindle - Customize plugin might do the trick
The given format order is important too.
DrChiper is offline   Reply With Quote