Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 06-26-2011, 06:47 PM   #1
mtucker57
mtucker57 began at the beginning.

Device: none
Newbie problem...

Hi,

I'm confused on something. I am trying to publish an epub document on lulu.com. I'm using Sigil and it works great.

But, I run the Sigil validation checker on my file and it says there are no problems found. But, when I try to upload to lulu, I get an error message. It says that my epub doc is not valid and suggests I run a check over at http://threepress.org/document/epub-validate/

When I run my file through that, I get the following:

ERROR: ARealEmergency.epub/OEBPS/Text/Section0016.xhtml(11): element "body" incomplete; expected element "address", "blockquote", "del", "div", "dl", "h1", "h2", "h3", "h4", "h5", "h6", "hr", "ins", "noscript", "ns:svg", "ol", "p", "pre", "script", "table" or "ul" (with xmlns:ns="http://www.w3.org/2000/svg")

Alas, I'm a newbie so I don't know what that means. Can anyone help? Has anyone had this problem with Sigil and/or lulu before?

Many thanks in advance.

cheers
mjt
mtucker57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 08:06 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtucker57 View Post
Hi,

I'm confused on something. I am trying to publish an epub document on lulu.com. I'm using Sigil and it works great.

But, I run the Sigil validation checker on my file and it says there are no problems found. But, when I try to upload to lulu, I get an error message. It says that my epub doc is not valid and suggests I run a check over at http://threepress.org/document/epub-validate/

When I run my file through that, I get the following:

ERROR: ARealEmergency.epub/OEBPS/Text/Section0016.xhtml(11): element "body" incomplete; expected element "address", "blockquote", "del", "div", "dl", "h1", "h2", "h3", "h4", "h5", "h6", "hr", "ins", "noscript", "ns:svg", "ol", "p", "pre", "script", "table" or "ul" (with xmlns:ns="http://www.w3.org/2000/svg")

Alas, I'm a newbie so I don't know what that means. Can anyone help? Has anyone had this problem with Sigil and/or lulu before?

Many thanks in advance.

cheers
mjt
</body>

Tags must match case.

Since you are in Sigil, what does Flightcrew say (much more helpful error messages)
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-02-2011, 05:23 PM   #3
mtucker57

Thanks hugely for replying. 'Tis most heartening.

I've gotten it so that I can upload my epub material to lulu, but only if I am very careful about using formatting in the file. I"m not sure what it is that's causing lulu to reject the files.

But at least my problem is sorta solved for the moment.

Thank you again.
Old 07-06-2011, 11:31 AM   #4
pietvo
Reader
pietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notes

Device: Kobo Aura 2, iPhone, iPad
First, how do you construct the file? Are you starting with an empty epub file and then just typing the text? Or do you import an (X)HTML file?

Second, please go to code view in Sigil and copy/paste a few lines following the <code> tag at the beginning and a few lines before the </code> end tag (including these tags) here in the forum.
pietvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 08:21 PM   #5
mtucker57

Thanks, everyone, who replied. I finally figured out what I was doing wrong. The kind way is to say that it was "operator error." The honest way is to use expressions like "dumb as a brick." But we shan't use such terms. They are so vulgar ;-)
Advert

Tags
error messages, lulu.com, upload problems