Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 11-17-2010, 08:22 AM   #1
FethryDuck
Addict
FethryDuck will become famous soon enoughFethryDuck will become famous soon enoughFethryDuck will become famous soon enoughFethryDuck will become famous soon enoughFethryDuck will become famous soon enoughFethryDuck will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle3, DXG
YoCan Reader

YoCan Reader ©FethryDuck2010

This is a Ebook Reader - which is working pretty good.

Hardware:
It is the Amazon Kindles. You may get them Amazon.com

Software:

As of date - it is mainly Duokan, but modified as explained here on site. It uses parts and pieces of work of
members on this site. Here is the Duokan site.

Some of the wishes of the YoCan is not fulfilled by either Amazon or Duokan. You find modification here on site and more will come. The main reason for the distinction is that YoCan does some alterations that may not be supported by anyone else. To avoid confusion, conflicts, and so on - it continues as it started.

As long as some of the wishes can be fullfilled, this give more leverage to how that may be implemented.
more later....

Last edited by FethryDuck; 11-19-2010 at 10:00 AM.
FethryDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 03:09 PM   #2
FethryDuck
Addict
FethryDuck will become famous soon enoughFethryDuck will become famous soon enoughFethryDuck will become famous soon enoughFethryDuck will become famous soon enoughFethryDuck will become famous soon enoughFethryDuck will become famous soon enough

more about YoCan - will follow
Advert
Old 03-23-2011, 06:44 PM   #3
jaxsnop
Enthusiast
jaxsnop began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by FethryDuck View Post
more about YoCan - will follow
I'll be impatient fot know news about
jaxsnop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 02:30 AM   #4
dsmid
Linux devotee
dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle 4B, Kindle PW2
Is it open source ?
dsmid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 05:21 PM   #5
jaxsnop
Enthusiast
jaxsnop began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
News?
jaxsnop is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-04-2011, 10:06 PM   #6
FethryDuck
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaxsnop View Post
News?
Sorry, I was not aware of these post. Well, I was eager at some time to see if it was possible to get something going, and it dates back to my first kindle and visit on this site.

Time and effort went into Duokan-reader as it has been "nearly there" for such a long time. In the meantime, many pieces of programs have surfaced on this site. Perhaps it would be possible to combine them into something. The usual first ideas of the work involved, fade and crumble some the more you look into it, as a "reader" was only part of the idea.

For the moment, this seem like a dead project.
Old 04-05-2011, 12:48 AM   #7
silasgreenback
New Leaf Turner
silasgreenback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silasgreenback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silasgreenback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silasgreenback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silasgreenback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silasgreenback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silasgreenback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silasgreenback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silasgreenback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silasgreenback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silasgreenback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by FethryDuck View Post

For the moment, this seem like a dead project.
That's unfortunate.

When I started frequenting MobileRead, I got kind of excited by this thread.

(I also keep returning to the Open Inkpot forum hoping against hope that there will be a version of it for the K3.)
silasgreenback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 02:35 PM   #8
FethryDuck
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by silasgreenback View Post
That's unfortunate.

When I started frequenting MobileRead, I got kind of excited by this thread.

(I also keep returning to the Open Inkpot forum hoping against hope that there will be a version of it for the K3.)
Once upon a time, I did have a peek at some of their pages, but as there were no running version - I came across the Duokan - ( did believe it was open-source, just lacking some English menus.... ) Just had a look, and I probably should have studied it some more

Wonder how far they got with the Kindle ?