Notices

Old 11-16-2010, 02:55 PM   #1
MichaelMSeattle
Enthusiast
MichaelMSeattle began at the beginning.

Device: sony prs-505/600
Allow export of Calibre recipes

Hi,
As a Calibre fan for some time now, I think it is a top-notch application and the best at what it does. It has certainly improved my eReader experience.

I have one suggestion though, allow custom News recipes to be exported and saved as either individual .py files or as one large export file that can then be imported later. This allows me to save recipes I create at one machine and use them later at another machine, as well as backing them up.

I appreciate the import function, but it would really be nice to have an export function as well.

Thanks for a great application!

-Mike
MichaelMSeattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 03:09 PM   #2
Starson17
Wizard
Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: WinMo: IPAQ; Android: HTC HD2, Archos 7o; Java:Gravity T
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelMSeattle View Post
it would really be nice to have an export function as well.
Just open them up in the recipe editor, then copy and paste into your text editor.
If it's a built-in, just grab it from resources\recipes.
Starson17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-16-2010, 05:02 PM   #3
MichaelMSeattle
Enthusiast
MichaelMSeattle began at the beginning.

Device: sony prs-505/600
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starson17 View Post
Just open them up in the recipe editor, then copy and paste into your text editor.
If it's a built-in, just grab it from resources\recipes.
I've done that in the past and while it's effective, it can be somewhat time consuming for several customized recipes. I like to create custom recipes even without changing the originals so I can easily find them in the custom section.

I thought it would be much easier to have an export feature to do that instead.

Thanks.

-M
MichaelMSeattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 05:17 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
If you're comfortable running command line scripts you can probably hack together a script using calibre-debug to do the export for you. Something along the lines of:

Code:
calibre-debug -c "from calibre.library import db; db = db(); ans = list(db.get_custom_recipes()); import pprint; pprint.pprint(ans)"
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote