Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 10-03-2014, 01:19 PM   #16
gabby98
Wizard
gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android, Nook Simple Touch, Nook Color, ..., Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adoby View Post
It seems you have to install some special app to use that device.

The LibraryBox is a standard hotspot and web-server. So you access it using a normal web-browser. Only have to connect to the SSID and start the browser. And any URL is redirected to the LibraryBox web-server.
Yea...much preferred! Just mentioning for some who may be following this and may be just using "in family" as it may be a less expensive substitution. Families in cars on trips, students, etc
gabby98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2014, 11:09 AM   #17
jocampo
Layback feline
jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2nd gen, Sony DPTS1, iPad Pro 10.5"
Librarybox - Share books over open wifi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessica Lares View Post
You DON'T plug it in. It's a portable hotspot with a drive.

You change your Wifi network on your device, open your browser, and BAM, there you go.

You guys get it now? It's like when you go to a hotel/Starbucks/McDonalds/whatever and there's free wifi and you have to select the network. It takes you to a gateway page and says that you have to agree to it before you can use it. Well, that's how this works, except it takes you to a page where you can download whatever content is on the hotspot.

It's a neato idea if you're at a convention and have a booth or something. Just put up a sign with the info and YES, people will do it. If you're smart, you would make it into a ZIP so people can just grab that and not have to dig through everything.

I usually don't connect to free wifi spots :-)

Knowing how I can get into others people computers just with getting wifi from Starbucks, give me chills. So I stay away from those.

I did a PEN test at home, with a friend. And in a matter of minutes, less than an hour, I was able to intercept his wifi communications and I even get into his Windows laptop. I used backtrack Linux.

Similar stuff is for broadcasting files. I have never been forced to share files over wifi (outside of home or work) to more than one person, so on my particular case, I see no benefit.

Last edited by jocampo; 10-30-2014 at 11:12 AM.
jocampo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
calibre, ebook, libarybox, piratebox, web