Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 06-26-2013, 12:35 PM   #1
_c_
_c_ began at the beginning.

Device: none
Use 10 star rating instead of 5 star

Is there any way to switch calibre to using 10 star ratings instead of the 5 star it currently uses? I read in a thread somewhere that it stores ratings internally as 10 star. Can it be made to display them that way?
_c_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 12:56 PM   #2
mr_nihilism
Always been the caretaker
mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura H2O, PW2
I don't have the solution to your pollution, but I too would rather see a ten star rating system. It just seems more natural and accurate.
mr_nihilism is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-26-2013, 03:04 PM   #3
Sabardeyn
Guru
Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PC (Calibre), Nexus 7 2013 (Moon+ Pro), HTC HD2/Leo (Freda)
I'm not aware of any means of changing the number of stars available to a Rating column.

However, you might be able to use a custom icon column to mimic a Rating column with some customized images and values. For instance:

Null=Empty
0=Overflowing Garbage Can
1=Nose with clothespin
2=Recycle Bin (maybe someone else will like it?)
3=Libra/Justice Scales in balance
4=Smile/Smilie
5=Heart

I realize that only imitates the existing Rating column, but it should be sufficient to indicate what I mean about using custom icons.
Sabardeyn is offline   Reply With Quote