Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 04-20-2013, 10:22 AM   #241
savbeowulf
Enthusiast
savbeowulf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.savbeowulf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.savbeowulf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.savbeowulf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.savbeowulf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.savbeowulf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.savbeowulf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.savbeowulf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.savbeowulf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.savbeowulf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.savbeowulf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD Ivory
Just checked WHSmith UK my sleep case has dispatched just waiting on the Aura HD. As it goes WHSmith UK are now quoting the Espresso Brown and the Ivory as out of stock, only the the Black one remains open to pre order!
savbeowulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 10:39 AM   #242
drew2720
Connoisseur
drew2720 began at the beginning.

Device: K2i, K3, DXG, PW2, Sony prs650/350,KoboMini/AuraHD
Quote:
Originally Posted by kikar
Yeah. I saw the charge Thursday (I ordered it on Tuesday) and they sent the shipping info Friday evening. It was just picked up in Hong Kong according to FedEx and should be here on Tuesday. Now the waiting game starts over......
That is encouraging, since I ordered on Tuesday too, my charge card was charged Friday and hopefully I will get a tracking notice by the end of today. Maybe Wednesday delivery? Let the waiting game begin
drew2720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-20-2013, 11:07 AM   #243
simond
Fanatic
simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, iPad, iPhone
Quote:
Originally Posted by savbeowulf View Post
Just checked WHSmith UK my sleep case has dispatched just waiting on the Aura HD. As it goes WHSmith UK are now quoting the Espresso Brown and the Ivory as out of stock, only the the Black one remains open to pre order!
I'm planning to get my case in person in store to be honest, the Aura is already on its way!
simond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 11:36 AM   #244
savbeowulf
Enthusiast
savbeowulf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.savbeowulf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.savbeowulf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.savbeowulf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.savbeowulf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.savbeowulf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.savbeowulf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.savbeowulf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.savbeowulf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.savbeowulf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.savbeowulf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD Ivory
Are you in the UK? If so perhaps I won't have to wait for the 25th then!! Happy days
savbeowulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 11:52 AM   #245
simond
Fanatic
simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by savbeowulf View Post
Are you in the UK? If so perhaps I won't have to wait for the 25th then!! Happy days
Yep, close to London, I got my dispatch notification back on Thursday
Advert
Old 04-20-2013, 12:02 PM   #246
murg
No Comment
murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: Not just an eReader, it's an adventure!
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
gizmode state it will be $AU219.99 but they don't have a release date. One of the early posts says "begin in May" for international availability.
Thanks.

Let's see... $170 + 25 min postage to Aus = 195 + 19.50 GST = 215.40. I guess $220 is more or less the translated price. Or at least, the same price as getting one overseas...
murg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 12:53 PM   #247
Breid
Zealot
Breid is just really niceBreid is just really niceBreid is just really niceBreid is just really niceBreid is just really niceBreid is just really niceBreid is just really niceBreid is just really niceBreid is just really niceBreid is just really niceBreid is just really nice

Device: Kobo Aura HD; Kobo Glo; KPW
I ordered mine and the sleep cover from WH Smith today.....happy dance!!

PS WH Smith don't deliver to Ireland, but I registered with Parcel Motel and used their Northern Ireland warehouse as my delivery address. They will deliver it to my nearest Parcel Motel for just €3.50.

Last edited by Breid; 04-20-2013 at 12:57 PM. Reason: To add PS
Breid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 12:55 PM   #248
simond
Fanatic

I'm still impressed by this launch, so far seems way smoother than I'd expect, people are even getting devices early!
Old 04-20-2013, 01:32 PM   #249
Barty
doofus
Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by FJames View Post
I just dropped by the local Chapters store to see the new Aura, all ready to plunk down $170 and upgrade from my KT. They had it out on display, along with a couple of Kobo reps to help explain it. The screen looks good. The extra 0.8" makes a significant difference. Great! Only... I was disappointed as soon as I picked it up. The hard slick plastic surface (front and back) is terrible. I don't know what Kobo was thinking. It's by far the worst of any of the e-readers, from Kobo or anyone else. To go from the nice quilted back and soft-coated grippy surface of my black KT to this cheap-feeling hard plastic would be unthinkable. The rep suggested that everyone would probably use it with a cover, so it wouldn't matter. But I don't use a cover. Sadly, the Aura is not for me. I guess I'll wait for the Glo to go on sale.
Shoot, that is too bad. Hand feel is a big deal to me, and I don't like feeling plastic. On a phone that I pick up and put down, it's one thing; on an ereader I hold for hours it's something else. I never buy a cover for my ereader, cause then it is too thick and heavy for me to hold.

Man, I was excited to see a >6" screen that weighs slightly less than my kindle keyboard AND has good, even front light AND adjustable font weight AND not made by Amazon (got nothing against them, I just don't want to give all my money to one company).
Barty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 09:22 PM   #250
Canuck_in_Japan
Wizard
Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura, Aura H2O, Kindle PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barty View Post
Shoot, that is too bad. Hand feel is a big deal to me, and I don't like feeling plastic. On a phone that I pick up and put down, it's one thing; on an ereader I hold for hours it's something else. I never buy a cover for my ereader, cause then it is too thick and heavy for me to hold.

Man, I was excited to see a >6" screen that weighs slightly less than my kindle keyboard AND has good, even front light AND adjustable font weight AND not made by Amazon (got nothing against them, I just don't want to give all my money to one company).
No one who has touched the Aura has mentioned this so far so I'm hoping this is just one person's personal preferances. The Goodereader review videos raved about the new back so I hope I will like it as well.
Canuck_in_Japan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 09:37 PM   #251
jiminrussell
JimInRussell
jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.

Device: kobo Aura One, Forma, Elipsa, Sage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canuck_in_Japan View Post
No one who has touched the Aura has mentioned this so far so I'm hoping this is just one person's personal preferances. The Goodereader review videos raved about the new back so I hope I will like it as well.
I like the shape of the back, it does make it easy to hold but it would be better I think if it had the same texture as the glo back rather than the smooth plastic, but it is okay as it is in my opinion. In any case I will be getting a cover so it will be the feel of the cover I get that will be important to me.

One change I don't think I like is the fact the scroll bar at the bottom of the library is gone, you have to navigate by swiping left and right and just realized swiping up and down also goes from one page to another. I don't keep that many books on my device and it goes from page to page very quickly so not that big a deal for me but for someone who might have hundreds of books it might be a bit of a drag to no longer have the scroll bar, but if you are looking for a specific book then using search is faster anyway.

Al in all I am very pleased with it though, the screen and the front light are fantastic, and it is definitely more responsive / faster than my glo.
jiminrussell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 10:23 PM   #252
meeera
Grand Sorcerer
meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, iPadMini4, iPad4, MBP; support other Kobo/Kindles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barty View Post

I wonder if anyone will make skins for the Aura that might suit you?
meeera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 01:18 AM   #253
Fourl29
Connoisseur
Fourl29 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fourl29 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fourl29 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fourl29 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fourl29 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fourl29 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fourl29 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fourl29 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fourl29 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fourl29 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fourl29 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Anyone shipping the aura within Europe?
Fourl29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 05:03 AM   #254
danicca
Addict
danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fourl29 View Post
Anyone shipping the aura within Europe?
I saw it only on pre-order.

Can I ask how pdf books look on Aura? Is it possible to read without zooming?
danicca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 07:10 AM   #255
Bittybye
Addict
Bittybye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bittybye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bittybye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bittybye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bittybye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bittybye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bittybye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bittybye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bittybye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bittybye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bittybye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T2
Have they gotten rid of that "processing content" message that just won't go away when you side load books?
Bittybye is offline   Reply With Quote