Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 06-21-2004, 02:06 AM   #1
cbarnett
MR prodigal son
cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Something for Harry Potter fans

Are you a Harry Potter fan? Are you sick of waiting for Book 6 to be released? I've found a yahoo group run by author Barb Purdom (http://au.groups.yahoo.com/group/Psychic_Serpent) where she hosts her own fan fiction _books_ continuing and completing the HP saga.

She has written full length novels; an alternative book 5 (must have been while waiting for OTP to come out ), and books 6 and 7 are there too. There's also a prequel book (which I believe may involve Harry's parents, etc, though I haven't read that one yet).

I've read the first two, and am about a quarter of the way into the third ("Book 7") and am _very_ impressed with Barb's writing ability and control of the characters and plot. She's managed to capture the feel of JKR's books very well, IMHO, and also manages to take the main characters in directions you might not expect ... sometimes funny, sometimes a little disturbing, at times downright moving.

The group has the books in several formats, as well as links to some of her other work.

(I posted some of this in another post elsewhere, but decided to put it here too so those skimming the forums won't miss it).

BTW - I've no connection to Barb Purdom at all except for becoming a hugh fan of her work.
cbarnett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2004, 02:16 PM   #2
Colin Dunstan
Is papyrophobic!
Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Dell Axim
That's interesting. Thanks cbarnett, as a devoted Potter fan (not the movies!!!), I am definitely going to read these.
Colin Dunstan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert