Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 04-06-2022, 10:21 AM   #1
Prepper
Connoisseur
Prepper can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Prepper can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Prepper can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Prepper can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Prepper can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Prepper can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Prepper can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Prepper can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Prepper can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Prepper can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Prepper can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kobo Forma
Question True Crime audiobooks for a cross-country road trip?

Looking for recommendations for something great. Last trip I listened to:

Bad Blood
Columbine
American Predator
Newtown
In Cold Blood
John Wayne Gacy: Defending a Monster

All were really good and kept me going. I've been having trouble lining up some titles for my next trip next week.

Anyone got anything that I really need to listen to? I promise I'm not doing research for a cross-country killing spree Doesn't *have* to be murder/serial killer crime, corporate crime is also fine as long as it's really interesting.

Thanks!
Prepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2022, 11:00 AM   #2
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
I liked the audiobook of A Fine Day for a Hanging: The Real Ruth Ellis Story by Carol Ann Lee. Ellis, in case it needs saying, was the last woman executed in Britain.
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-06-2022, 11:56 AM   #3
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post
I liked the audiobook of A Fine Day for a Hanging: The Real Ruth Ellis Story by Carol Ann Lee. Ellis, in case it needs saying, was the last woman executed in Britain.
I second this recommendation.

I also liked
  • Death in the Air: The True Story of a Serial Killer, the Great London Smog, and the Strangling of a City by Kate Winkler Dawson
  • Devil in the White City, The: Murder, Magic, and Madness at the Fair That Changed America by Erik Larson
  • The Suspicions of Mr. Whicher: The Undoing of a Great Victorian Detective and The Wicked Boy: The Mystery of a Victorian Child Murderer by Kate Summerscale
  • The Man from the Train: The Solving of a Century-Old Serial Killer Mystery by Bill James and Rachel McCarthy James
  • The Trial of Lizzie Borden: A True Story by Cara Robertson
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2022, 11:28 PM   #4
spacepope
Zealot
spacepope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spacepope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spacepope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spacepope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spacepope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spacepope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spacepope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spacepope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spacepope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spacepope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spacepope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, Kobo Clara, Kindle Paperwhite 3, Smartphone
I listened to Helter Skelter: The True Story of the Manson Murders on tape years ago and I could not put it down.
spacepope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2022, 07:14 AM   #5
astrangerhere
Professor of Law
astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Elipsa, Kobo Libra H20, Kobo Aura One, KoboMini
You cold go with Truman Capote's In Cold Blood for something slightly more literary, but still based on actual events.
astrangerhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-07-2022, 11:21 AM   #6
Prepper
Connoisseur
Prepper can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Prepper can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Prepper can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Prepper can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Prepper can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Prepper can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Prepper can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Prepper can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Prepper can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Prepper can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Prepper can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kobo Forma
Thanks for the recommendations. I listened to In Cold Blood last time, but thanks for respondng.

I read Devil in the White City a few years ago -- loved it.

Fun Fact: I'm actually from Somerset, MA which is right across the river from Fall River where the Lizzy Borden story took place -- I'm super familiar with it -- as a young adult, I used to live in an apartment right down the street from her house!
Prepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2022, 01:28 PM   #7
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
If you're an Audible member, there's a two-for-one-credit sale through April 13 that includes a true crime selection of 100 titles.
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2022, 07:26 PM   #8
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catlady View Post
If you're an Audible member, there's a two-for-one-credit sale through April 13 that includes a true crime selection of 100 titles.

Additional info only - (ital. mine):

"We're sorry, you are not eligible for this sale. Browse the selection to see what's currently on sale for Premium Plus members."
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote