Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Non-English Discussions > Deutsches Forum > Software

Notices

Old 12-14-2010, 06:51 PM   #1
fenix
fenix began at the beginning.

Device: Amazon
scientific papers

Hi,
I bought a kindle and I have problems to convert scientific papers which are in PDF to MOBI version. I have tried Calibre but chemical and mathematical formulas do not appear in the MOBI version. Does anyone know about any other software converter that works better than CALIBRE?
fenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 04:48 AM   #2
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360°
Quote:
Originally Posted by fenix View Post
Hi,
I bought a kindle and I have problems to convert scientific papers which are in PDF to MOBI version. I have tried Calibre but chemical and mathematical formulas do not appear in the MOBI version. Does anyone know about any other software converter that works better than CALIBRE?
Hi fenix. This is the german subforum, so you might have posted on the wrong place. Instead of moving the post, a quick explanation: Calibre is NOT a good PDF converter. If you want a better result, try Mobipockets own Creator that does things a lot better. Conversion from PDF is still very difficult and not always successfull. Try a reading device that can handle PDFs. Most can do it, more or less.
mtravellerh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-15-2010, 06:51 AM   #3
Manichean
Wizard
Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Cybook Gen3
I remember Mobipocket Creator also making a huge mess of any formula that wasn't a graphic, so YMMV.
Manichean is offline   Reply With Quote