Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 09-02-2010, 11:00 AM   #1
babyd
Addict
babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Sony:505, 600, 350, 650, Kindle 3 & PW, Kobo Mini & Aura HD
Kindle 3 lighted cover tip

I know many people are worried about the hinge system and the free right edge of the kindle falling forwards.......

I use the elastic to secure it while reading, great if you read with the covers folded back.........thought I'd share he method I use. It secures it, keeps it safe, it stays hands free and the light is still easily accessible.....

not sure if this will work with the standard one as the elastic is further from the right edge on the lighted one, but give it a go

Last edited by babyd; 09-02-2010 at 11:05 AM.
babyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 11:30 AM   #2
TheKindleWorm
Guru
TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kindle 3G, iPhone 3G, iPod 4G, PB 360, Sony 600 sold, Kindle 2i sold
Good idea. I've been folding the elastic strap right to the back so I will give this a go.
TheKindleWorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-02-2010, 01:47 PM   #3
AdrianM
Connoisseur
AdrianM , Klaatu Barada Niktu!AdrianM , Klaatu Barada Niktu!AdrianM , Klaatu Barada Niktu!AdrianM , Klaatu Barada Niktu!AdrianM , Klaatu Barada Niktu!AdrianM , Klaatu Barada Niktu!AdrianM , Klaatu Barada Niktu!AdrianM , Klaatu Barada Niktu!AdrianM , Klaatu Barada Niktu!AdrianM , Klaatu Barada Niktu!AdrianM , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: nook, K3
Yes, my wife and I have been considering sewing in a new bungee cord in the top right corner to hold the K3 in there all the time. It's a pity they didn't do that as standard.
AdrianM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 01:58 PM   #4
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
After my light cover hinge was broken, I used Velcro dots to stick my 505 tp the back of the cover, then slid a hair scrunchy all the way to the left side against the light's hinge. It held it very firmly. I could slide the light and scrunchy upright when reading in daylight. I like this setup much better than when it was still flopping around on the hinge.
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 12:47 AM   #5
Viseguy
Just a kid from Bklyn
Viseguy has a spectacular aura aboutViseguy has a spectacular aura aboutViseguy has a spectacular aura aboutViseguy has a spectacular aura aboutViseguy has a spectacular aura aboutViseguy has a spectacular aura aboutViseguy has a spectacular aura aboutViseguy has a spectacular aura aboutViseguy has a spectacular aura aboutViseguy has a spectacular aura aboutViseguy has a spectacular aura about

Device: Kindle 3 Wi-Fi; Samsung Galaxy Tab 7
I had some initial concerns about the one-sided cover attachment, but in practice it hasn't been an issue for me. I think you'd have to forcibly separate the right edge of the Kindle from the cover to damage the hooks or the Kindle; the more I use it, the less likely this looks to me. (Not famous last words, I hope.)

What I'm noticing now is that the elastic seems to be ever so slightly looser after only three days' use. If it plateaus it would be a non-issue, but if it gets progressively looser? That would be problem....
Viseguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert