Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 05-09-2010, 08:28 PM   #1
nicolasqueen
Full Fledged Newbie
nicolasqueen began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Oasis; Likebook Mars
Angry 2.5 Frustration

I just can't wait! I have about 20 pages of books in my K2i and past that I really want a better way to read PDF. Darn you Amazon!
nicolasqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 01:31 PM   #2
ideas1
ideas1 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DX
I feel you, I had my wireless on since I heard about the 2.5 update...but "nada"
ideas1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-10-2010, 01:36 PM   #3
Sydney's Mom
Wizard
Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Fire 3d Gen and 5th Gen and Samsung Tab S
Me too. I brought a micro USB cord to work so I can charge it. I leave it on and out all the time - I will be lucky if it doesn't get stolen, waiting for 2.5! I had it resting on a pillow on the floor of the bedroom last night - my husband moved it onto the bed, I told him it needed to be where it was because of the crappy AT&T (my husband has AT&T, and he has to stand outside under a tree to get service. And we are only 15 miles from downtown Chicago). He apologized, but it still isn't here!!!
Sydney's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 06:26 PM   #4
Snorkledorf
Blue. Not sad...just blue
Snorkledorf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Snorkledorf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Snorkledorf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Snorkledorf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Snorkledorf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Snorkledorf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Snorkledorf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Snorkledorf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Snorkledorf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Snorkledorf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Snorkledorf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ridibooks Paper Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydney's Mom View Post
my husband moved it onto the bed, I told him it needed to be where it was because of the crappy AT&T (my husband has AT&T, and he has to stand outside under a tree to get service.
So you're saying this is your husband?
Snorkledorf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 07:51 PM   #5
ideas1
ideas1 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DX
lol
ideas1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-10-2010, 07:57 PM   #6
TallMomof2
Kindlephilia
TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count
I'm waiting on 2.5 for both my K2 and my DX and keep them both on and charged up in anticipation of the update.
TallMomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 09:10 PM   #7
Dragoro
Lovecraft Fan
Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, Kindle Touch
I used to live in downtown chicago, and couldnt get any signal on my old att phone, switched to verizon and it was great.
Dragoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 09:34 PM   #8
JohnnyTToxic
Connoisseur
JohnnyTToxic will become famous soon enoughJohnnyTToxic will become famous soon enoughJohnnyTToxic will become famous soon enoughJohnnyTToxic will become famous soon enoughJohnnyTToxic will become famous soon enoughJohnnyTToxic will become famous soon enough

Device: Amazon Kindle 2 International
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoro View Post
I used to live in downtown chicago, and couldnt get any signal on my old att phone, switched to verizon and it was great.
I live in Chicago, just off the lake about a mile north of the loop. The 3g on my Kindle 2i is pretty good nowadays. My friends with AT&T can't make a call in my building unless they have an arm out the window. I can browse in my bed/kitchen/bathroom with only the occasional loss of signal. Usually at about two bars indoors three/four out.
JohnnyTToxic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 11:23 PM   #9
Sydney's Mom
Wizard
Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snorkledorf View Post
So you're saying this is your husband?
Just put a phone in place of the book
Old 05-10-2010, 11:30 PM   #10
Sydney's Mom
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoro View Post
Yes, I have Verizon, and I love it. The only dropped calls I experience are when I am talking to my husband. But I don't get very good reception inside the train tunnels. I hear some people talking there - I think they have AT&T. Of course, their calls drop as soon as we get out of the tunnel!
Old 05-11-2010, 08:25 AM   #11
drofgnal
Wizard
drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ipad Pro/Kindle Oasis 3/iPhone 13 Pro Max
I think I was one of the lucky ones getting the update. I cut the kindle on and the progress bar was going across. I didn't recognize what was happening in time and think I accidently interupted it by hitting the home button.
drofgnal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 11:07 AM   #12
jxh11215
Connoisseur
jxh11215 doesn't litterjxh11215 doesn't litter

Device: Kindle 1 & Kindle 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by drofgnal View Post
I think I was one of the lucky ones getting the update. I cut the kindle on and the progress bar was going across. I didn't recognize what was happening in time and think I accidently interupted it by hitting the home button.
Since you did that, you should be able to grab the .bin file and share with other's that are anxiously awaiting the update before you start the process manually. Check your settings page.
jxh11215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 06:36 PM   #13
Sydney's Mom
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by drofgnal View Post
I hope you were still able to update?
Old 05-12-2010, 01:59 AM   #14
Snorkledorf
Blue. Not sad...just blue
Snorkledorf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Snorkledorf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Snorkledorf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Snorkledorf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Snorkledorf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Snorkledorf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Snorkledorf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Snorkledorf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Snorkledorf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Snorkledorf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Snorkledorf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ridibooks Paper Pro
Ooh, that sounds hopeful! See if there's a .bin file still sitting in your Kindle's topmost folder when you mount it on your computer. (And give it to us! )
Snorkledorf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 10:41 AM   #15
drofgnal
Wizard
drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ipad Pro/Kindle Oasis 3/iPhone 13 Pro Max
I'll check to see if I have the .bin file. I'm not sure. The update didn't take on the settings page it's still at 2.3.3.
drofgnal is offline   Reply With Quote