Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 02-23-2010, 06:46 PM   #1
bcabral
bcabral began at the beginning.

Device: iRex iLiad, iRex DR1000S, iRex DR800S
***Shocked*** DR800S for sale at Fnac PT

Hi!

I'me just amazed! For the last couple of days I've been very tempted to buy the DR800S from irex shop. Today, I've received a mail from Fnac in Portugal with new stuff they have. And they listed the DR800S. As I live less than 5 minutes from the nearest Fnac, I went there and I was shocked! For the first time I'm seeing an iRex product on display!
I bought one...
And whats more amazing, is that it cames with the advanced stylus and with a black leather cover that I've never seen a picture. All for 550€.
Still charging, so lets wait!

BC

Last edited by bcabral; 02-23-2010 at 06:52 PM.
bcabral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 07:52 PM   #2
Mr. Goodbar
Wizard
Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.

Device: iPad Mini 4
Welcome to the club of 800S/SG owners
Mr. Goodbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-23-2010, 08:02 PM   #3
Iņigo
Guru
Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: iRex iLiad, iRex DR800S. K4NT. Kobo Aura, Aura One, Libra 2.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcabral View Post
Hi!

I'me just amazed! For the last couple of days I've been very tempted to buy the DR800S from irex shop. Today, I've received a mail from Fnac in Portugal with new stuff they have. And they listed the DR800S. As I live less than 5 minutes from the nearest Fnac, I went there and I was shocked! For the first time I'm seeing an iRex product on display!
I bought one...
And whats more amazing, is that it cames with the advanced stylus and with a black leather cover that I've never seen a picture. All for 550€.

BC
uhmmm... please photo of cover.
/me going to fnac website...
Iņigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 09:02 PM   #4
rlparker
Ars longa
rlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankind

Device: Kindle K1, K3 wifi
Hi BC, congratulations on your new gizmo!

And welcome to MR!
rlparker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 02:59 PM   #5
bcabral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iņigo View Post
A few ones!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0545a.jpg
Views:	297
Size:	717.4 KB
ID:	46360   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0546a.jpg
Views:	302
Size:	1.14 MB
ID:	46361   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0547a.jpg
Views:	333
Size:	1.10 MB
ID:	46362   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0548a.jpg
Views:	294
Size:	857.5 KB
ID:	46363   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0550a.jpg
Views:	319
Size:	1.43 MB
ID:	46364  
Advert
Old 02-24-2010, 04:41 PM   #6
badbob001
Fanatic
badbob001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badbob001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badbob001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badbob001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badbob001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badbob001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badbob001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badbob001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badbob001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badbob001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badbob001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard (rip), Kindle Voyage, Fire Tablet 10 '17, iPad '19
That's the normal case slipcase that comes with the DR800S, which is different from the one that comes with the DR800SG. I wouldn't refer to a slipcase as a cover, which I consider something that can be opened to allow access to the device.

Does your DR1000S have a screen problem? It looks like line errors.
badbob001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 05:21 PM   #7
bcabral

Quote:
Originally Posted by badbob001 View Post
That's the normal case slipcase that comes with the DR800S, which is different from the one that comes with the DR800SG. I wouldn't refer to a slipcase as a cover, which I consider something that can be opened to allow access to the device.

Does your DR1000S have a screen problem? It looks like line errors.
Yes.... it got broken a 3 weeks ago! I've contacted service, but they are out of stock for screens, so I'm waiting for a new one.
Old 02-26-2010, 03:24 PM   #8
TGS
Country Member
TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Liseuse: Irex DR800. PRS 505 in the house, and the missus has an iPad.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcabral View Post
Hi!

I bought one...
BC
That looks like the package that comes direct from IREX for 499 euros. Not sure the cover is actually leather - vinyl I think.
TGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 03:29 PM   #9
Shaggy
Wizard
Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iRex iLiad, DR800SG
Quote:
Originally Posted by TGS View Post
That looks like the package that comes direct from IREX for 499 euros. Not sure the cover is actually leather - vinyl I think.
The white cover is supposed to be real leather. I don't see a black one on their site, so don't really know what it is. If you're talking about the slipcase... that's vinyl (or something like it). Sounds like bcabral is talking about a black version of their white leather "luxury" cover though.

Last edited by Shaggy; 02-26-2010 at 03:31 PM.
Shaggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 03:35 PM   #10
TGS
Country Member
TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
The white cover is supposed to be real leather. I don't see a black one on their site, so don't really know what it is. If you're talking about the slipcase... that's vinyl (or something like it). Sounds like bcabral is talking about a black version of their white leather "luxury" cover though.
I was just going on the pics that bcabral posted - which seem to be of the standard slipcase - and it made me wonder what the reseller was providing for the extra 50 euros.
Old 02-26-2010, 03:45 PM   #11
Shaggy
Wizard
Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iRex iLiad, DR800SG
Quote:
I was just going on the pics that bcabral posted - which seem to be of the standard slipcase - and it made me wonder what the reseller was providing for the extra 50 euros.
Good point, I wasn't paying very close attention to the previous pics.

I think you're right, that does sound like the standard 499 package.
Shaggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 08:10 AM   #12
Iņigo
Guru
Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.

Quote:
after 3 days FNAC Spain hasn't answered my email.
Old 02-27-2010, 08:58 AM   #13
TGS
Country Member

Quote:
after 3 days FNAC Spain hasn't answered my email.
Iņigo, check out the European iRex shop at this link. It seems to be the same package for 499 euros.
Old 02-28-2010, 06:29 AM   #14
Iņigo
Guru

Quote:
Iņigo, check out the European iRex shop at this link. It seems to be the same package for 499 euros.
Thanks TGS, I did know it, but I prefer to support local shops.
In fact, I've just made my order this same morning from http://tienda.leer-e.es/ , the same place from I bought my iLiad 3 years ago.

My interest in FNAC were to try to convince wife & friends that iRex products are far better e-readers than Sony, iPad, ...

People tend to say I usually buy "strange" products, it was a way to tell them "look, iRex is also mainstream, even you can find it in FNAC!"
Old 02-28-2010, 07:20 AM   #15
TGS
Country Member

Quote:
Thanks TGS, I did know it, but I prefer to support local shops.
In fact, I've just made my order this same morning from http://tienda.leer-e.es/ , the same place from I bought my iLiad 3 years ago.

My interest in FNAC were to try to convince wife & friends that iRex products are far better e-readers than Sony, iPad, ...

People tend to say I usually buy "strange" products, it was a way to tell them "look, iRex is also mainstream, even you can find it in FNAC!"
Congratulations I'm sure you won't be disappointed.