Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 05-01-2009, 12:57 AM   #1
iconeo
iconeo began at the beginning.

Device: HTC Touch Pro
importing ebooks

I have some ebooks named as follows 'hello.i.am.an.ebook.pdf"

How do I write a search expression under the advanced configuration tab that will translate it into a title? Currently there is (?P<title>.+) - (?P<author>[^_]+)

Thanks in advance!
iconeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 12:47 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
what parts are title and author in hello.i.am.an.ebook?
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-01-2009, 08:35 PM   #3
iconeo
iconeo began at the beginning.

Device: HTC Touch Pro
Well, usually the author is the last two words in the list. But sometimes there isn't even an author...
iconeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 05:49 PM   #4
Krystian Galaj
Guru
Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.

Device: Bookeen Cybook
Until programs can understand actual language, I don't think there's a way for the search expression to recognize when there is an author, and when there isn't. At the very least, you'd have to divide your ebooks into two sets: one where two last words are author name and surname, and another with no author.
If sometimes author's name comes first, and sometimes surname comes first, I guess that will also have to be divided by hand into two sets - one with name first, one with surname first.
Then, on each set, different search expression would apply. Not sure which exact expressions those would be though.
Krystian Galaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 03:35 AM   #5
fake-name
fake-name began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505
I wonder if it would be possible to guess at which is the title, and which is the Author name by doing a dictionary search, based on the assumption that there are more proper nouns in the author name, and the title and author are separated bay a unique character (only one incidence in the title), that isn't a letter or number.

It wouldn't always work, but it would be great for those people who have large and rather random book collections.

Hm... Interesting.
fake-name is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
configuration, expression