Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 03-27-2009, 12:28 AM   #1
danwdoo
Groupie
danwdoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danwdoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danwdoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danwdoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danwdoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danwdoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danwdoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danwdoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danwdoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danwdoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danwdoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
Unable to rename some Authors

Hello,
I am seeing an issue when I try to edit the author field on some entries but the changes I make are never saved. This typically happens when I have a book with two authors listed. I usually like to put the authors in the order that they appear on the cover. For example, I have the book:

Fortune's Stroke by Eric Flint and David Drake
(ISBN 0671319981)

When it was first entered, the author field was populated with: David Drake & Eric Flint based upon the file name (read metadata from file is unchecked). Since the authors are listed in reverse order, I opened the edit meta information window for the item and changed both the author and author sort fields to reflect the correct order. When I click OK, however, the entry in Calibre does not change. I've restarted Calibre and tried this multiple times and cannot get the change to stick. I haven't tried fully deleting and re-adding the object yet because I have quite a few of these and so I wanted to know if there was a real issue here before I did so.

Thanks!
Danny
danwdoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 12:33 AM   #2
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
You cannot control the order of authors displayed when a book has more than one author. The order is determined by the author id on the calibre database, and that is a by-product of when that particular author was first used in ANY book within Calibre.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-27-2009, 01:59 AM   #3
danwdoo
Groupie
danwdoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danwdoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danwdoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danwdoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danwdoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danwdoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danwdoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danwdoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danwdoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danwdoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danwdoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
Ok, That's good to know. Now I won't keep hitting my head against that brick wall =).

Thanks!
danwdoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 09:07 AM   #4
sirbruce
Provocateur
sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch, Kindle 2, Kindle DX, iPhone 3GS
Note that you can sort them how you want in Author Sort, and there's an option when converting to use the Author Sort metadata as the Author metadata, so your files will show up as you want them on your device.
sirbruce is offline   Reply With Quote