Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 06-21-2012, 08:26 PM   #106
HansTWN
Wizard
HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HP Touchpad, Sony Duo 13, Lumia 920, Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by =X= View Post
My brother has the Otterbox for his Note. Man as if the note was not big enough the OtterBox makes the Note look much bigger.

=X=
So I guess it is the defender series? Not the commuter? The defender is heavily padded, it is overkill, usually more than doubles the size of the devices. It looks like you could drop your phone from the top of a building onto concrete pavement and not suffer a single scratch.

Last edited by HansTWN; 06-21-2012 at 08:36 PM.
HansTWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 10:39 AM   #107
wyndslash
Wizard
wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 wifi, Kindle Fire
*been following this talk on the Note*...makes me want to get one too, but i've got tons of devices already
wyndslash is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-22-2012, 12:22 PM   #108
SeaKing
Frequent Flier
SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KB kindle aboard, Galx Tab 7.0 Plus, trying out Droid 1 as mini-tab
Quote:
Originally Posted by wyndslash View Post
*been following this talk on the Note*...makes me want to get one too, but i've got tons of devices already
Yeah, but those are old.

You need a "new one!"
SeaKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 08:10 PM   #109
wyndslash
Wizard
wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaKing View Post
Yeah, but those are old.

You need a "new one!"
ah, to be rich but to be able to get what you want so easily isn't as much fun
Old 06-22-2012, 08:57 PM   #110
RainingLemur
Spork Connoisseur
RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Color
Quote:
Originally Posted by wyndslash View Post
You could always wait for the Note II (assuming there's more truth than rumor), that's apparently going to be pretty nice.

http://www.theverge.com/2012/6/19/30...oid-jelly-bean
RainingLemur is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-23-2012, 01:13 AM   #111
wyndslash
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainingLemur View Post
You could always wait for the Note II (assuming there's more truth than rumor), that's apparently going to be pretty nice.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-25-2012, 04:01 AM   #112
Kumabjorn
Basculocolpic
Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi, Kindle 4SO, Kindle for Android, Sony PRS-350 and PRS-T1
I have now installed a 64 GB microSD that I got from China for $74. Not a bad deal.
I also got a HDMI dongle for it so I can now watch 1080 HD movies on a large screen Sony Bravia. It is unfuxxingbelievable. My nieces think nothing of it, but I'm still somewaht incredulous.
Kumabjorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 04:51 AM   #113
Dopedangel
Wizard
Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boyue
Quote:
Originally Posted by RainingLemur View Post

Those rumours are stopping me from pulling the trigger on the Galaxy S3. They just started 4g service here its the same price as the 3g so now I am stuck on waiting for the note 2 4g or the galaxy s3 4g. As it will be a 2 year contract I am really hesitating as I think it would be better to wait.
Dopedangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 08:38 PM   #114
wodin
Illiterate
wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy S10+, Microsoft Surface Pro
Well Zenus case arrived Friday, and I’ve had the weekend to evaluate. My impression so far is that it looks beautiful, and fits my Note perfectly.

It holds the Note by using five little leather covered (plastic?) tabs to clamp on to the edges of the Note. They overlap the front of the note to just the edge of the screen, and hold it in very securely, but don’t interfere at all with the touch screen. The cover itself adds perhaps 6 mm to the thickness and perhaps a like amount to the width and height; so it still fits in my trousers pocket without being too bulky. The color is a bit lighter than I expected, but since the leather is quite soft, I’m sure it will darken and age beautifully with use.

I’m still not used to using my Note with a cover, and it takes probably an extra ring to answer a call. It has a magnetic clasp, and it would be nice if the magnet would hold the case open whilst folded back for use, but alas it’s not so and the strap dangles when the phone is in use; somewhat distracting. My other issue is that it won’t fit in my docking stations, so I have to take the phone out of the case while docked. I’m concerned that continually taking it in and out of the case will wear the leather on the clamping tabs, time will tell.

Bottom line, it’s a premium product for a premium price; and if the tabs hold up, well worth it!
wodin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 01:29 AM   #115
Kumabjorn
Basculocolpic
Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Reading wodin's post I just realized how irrational I am when it comes to my gadgets. I spent some time searching for a cheaper Note, and finally found one on Tradera (Sweden's eBay), it cost me $400 about a $200 savings here.

After that I've spent more than $200 on accessories, MicroSD card, BT keyboard, cases, screen protectors, BT receiver for my stereo so I can play music from the phone, BT headphones, HDMI dongle and regular USB dongle for memory sticks. I'm either nuts or certifiable, thinking that I would actually save some money by looking around for a cheaper phone.
Old 06-26-2012, 01:32 AM   #116
HansTWN
Wizard
HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HP Touchpad, Sony Duo 13, Lumia 920, Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kumabjorn View Post
Reading wodin's post I just realized how irrational I am when it comes to my gadgets. I spent some time searching for a cheaper Note, and finally found one on Tradera (Sweden's eBay), it cost me $400 about a $200 savings here.

After that I've spent more than $200 on accessories, MicroSD card, BT keyboard, cases, screen protectors, BT receiver for my stereo so I can play music from the phone, BT headphones, HDMI dongle and regular USB dongle for memory sticks. I'm either nuts or certifiable, thinking that I would actually save some money by looking around for a cheaper phone.
You are just doing what you can to keep the economy going. They all need you.
HansTWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 01:59 AM   #117
Kumabjorn
Basculocolpic

Quote:
Originally Posted by HansTWN View Post
You are just doing what you can to keep the economy going. They all need you.
They never call and thank me though. Ungrateful bastards.
Old 06-26-2012, 06:52 AM   #118
Cdesja5
Wizard
Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lots and lots of electronic gadgets...
Quote:

Yes, but be truthful you would have bought all those accessories even if you had paid the extra $200...I know I would
Cdesja5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 07:29 AM   #119
Kumabjorn
Basculocolpic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cdesja5 View Post
Yes, but be truthful you would have bought all those accessories even if you had paid the extra $200...I know I would
That is why I feel so embarrassed, and utterly irrational. Almost like walking into a shoe store, out goes all sanity.
Old 06-26-2012, 03:47 PM   #120
SeaKing
Frequent Flier
SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KB kindle aboard, Galx Tab 7.0 Plus, trying out Droid 1 as mini-tab
Quote:
That is why I feel so embarrassed, and utterly irrational. Almost like walking into a shoe store, out goes all sanity.
Hey, we only live once and we sure can't take it with us.
SeaKing is offline   Reply With Quote