Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 04-20-2012, 11:35 AM   #1
comet
Connoisseur
comet began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle Oasis , Kindle Oasis 2, Tolino Epos
which files writes calibre to the kindle keyboard?

Hallo,

I use Calibre to manage my ebook-library, but not to manage my readers. So I disabled the plugins for all devices. Accidently I overlooked that there was a new plugin "Kindle 2/3/4/Touch Device Interface" (perhaps after an upgrade of Calibre?) that was not disabled. So Calibre started to work on my Kindle Keyboard after connecting the device. I saw in the file explorer after mounting Calibre that there were some files calibre made on the directory level of the folders "documents, ..." Now I want to know if these files are all Calibre made on an Kindle Keyboard in order to "clean" my reader from the changes Calibre made to it.

Thanks for help!
comet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 01:06 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by comet View Post
Hallo,

I use Calibre to manage my ebook-library, but not to manage my readers. So I disabled the plugins for all devices. Accidently I overlooked that there was a new plugin "Kindle 2/3/4/Touch Device Interface" (perhaps after an upgrade of Calibre?) that was not disabled. So Calibre started to work on my Kindle Keyboard after connecting the device. I saw in the file explorer after mounting Calibre that there were some files calibre made on the directory level of the folders "documents, ..." Now I want to know if these files are all Calibre made on an Kindle Keyboard in order to "clean" my reader from the changes Calibre made to it.

Thanks for help!
Calibre makes:
metadata.calibre (a XML list of books found on your device)
and driveinfo.calibre (keeps track ? of what device each installation calibre has seen)
The K$NT does not care if they exist? do you need that file space?
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-20-2012, 01:11 PM   #3
comet
Connoisseur
comet began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle Oasis , Kindle Oasis 2, Tolino Epos
Thank you for the information. Are there any other changes calibre does on the reader?

No, I don't really need the space. But there is no sense in "file-relicts" on a device that are not needed.

What is "K$NT"?
comet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 12:31 AM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by comet View Post
Thank you for the information. Are there any other changes calibre does on the reader?

No, I don't really need the space. But there is no sense in "file-relicts" on a device that are not needed.

What is "K$NT"?
A fat finger on the shift key
K4NT (now you know why I don't use a touch model )
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote