Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 02-20-2010, 11:19 PM   #1
jjansen
J
jjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: SONY PRS 505/300, iRex DR800SG, Nook
Are hierarchies supported when organizing my books?

I am using a Sony PRS-505 and Calibre. Is there any way that I can have sub folders or sub categories? I notice that when I use Series with Calibre they become top level categories on my Sony. What I would really like is to be able to look at my James Patterson books and within them see the Alex Cross series and seperately the Women's Murder Club series (for example).

Is this possible?
jjansen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 11:33 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
I can't answer the Sony part of the question
Look at Preferences | Saving ..
There are 2 tabs devoted to to specifying file and folder naming attribute

I chose to have series first because some of the series I read do not have the same Author(s) for every book
I also prefix the title with the series Index (set to 2 chars long) so they appear in proper order in the list the difference shown below

Code:
1     01
10   02
2     10
20    20
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 02:50 AM   #3
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
The Sony software supports only one level of Categories (Collections). All Calibre Series names and tags are made into Collections. A book can exist in more than one collection on the Sony, so navigating via the most appropriate collection name is the best you are going to get.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 09:45 AM   #4
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjansen View Post
I am using a Sony PRS-505 and Calibre. Is there any way that I can have sub folders or sub categories? I notice that when I use Series with Calibre they become top level categories on my Sony. What I would really like is to be able to look at my James Patterson books and within them see the Alex Cross series and seperately the Women's Murder Club series (for example).

Is this possible?
If you use the new Catalog feature to produce an epub list of your Calibre library, you will find your James Patterson novels will be beautifully displayed in the Author section under "P"
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote