Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 12-05-2012, 06:50 PM   #1
gris
Connoisseur
gris began at the beginning.

Device: m92, sonyt2,
my new pocketbook 912 questions

i see questions appearing while i play with my new pocketbook 912. i thought i make a new thread, where you can help me! questions that will decide if i will keep it or not.

First and important:
I zoom in a pdf for nice big letters and now i need to go little up and down and left an right. But how? the pen won't move the side. and the buttons do the move only very slight, too slight.????

it won't accept changings in keymapping, i change, go out, no change when i press the buttons, same old feature. In the menue it changed, but not in real.

power management function is alone in config/clock/power down after?

then after 20 minutes i get that screen. and that means it is off now and won't drain battery? because i think i had that and the battery was in the morning cero. but i'm not sure. but it must.

thanks

Last edited by gris; 12-05-2012 at 09:52 PM.
gris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 03:08 AM   #2
troll05
Harmless idiot
troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB622, Nexus7, Sony PRS 350, Tolino und nur noch wenig toter Baum:(
Hello,

For the first question I have no answer, because I don't have a 912, for question 2: Are you sure you made the changes for the correct reading app? there should be three choices, "Global action", "PDF / DJVU" and "EPUB / FB2". If you have assured this I'd try a factory reset or a new flash of firmware.
The last question needs a little bit more information. What screen do you get and what are the settings you made? In "settings -> appearance" you can define which scren you'll get as a shutdown screen, and in"settings -> clock" you can define times when the device will lock (not standby, power consumption basically the same as switched on) or shutdown (really off). Some time ago a member of this forum found out that power consumption for switching off / on equals power for round half an hour of use, so a setting for auto shutdown after 30 minutes makes sense.
troll05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 10:21 PM   #3
gris
Connoisseur

i ordered two pocketbook 912, one had shown soon the color fading described in other threads. i sent it back.

the other one is working well. with fine grey shadings it is little better than the onyx boox at pdfs. i find it not too slow too. for the first start with big documents it takes a while. but then when opening again it is quick.

page turning is also quite good. no waiting time. page jumping no problem.

it has a good mode for pdfs when you take the sheet square. it shows everything big enough. not really in normal mode, for the, at least for me, not found options in scrolling to the sides..

it has no mode to move the page with the pen. so with graphics in the pdf, it cuts them in half. it ends quite okay at last line and beginning at next. but at graphics or illustrations and so on this is not optimal.

so that means i find the possible options not very big. my question. do i miss something?

for example the page turn at zoom jumps always its lines. no adjusting possible? the side scroll just possible with the button left and is very very tiny amount. no change possible?

don't know, thought pocketbook is somewhat open device, or has wide controlling options, maybe with other applications, i don't know. or i missed something in the menu.

all i wrote is concerning pdfs. so maybe it is different with epub and so. don't looked into too much, yet.

so don't know maybe with some addition in the adjustment it could get better. do i miss something. or has it just these limitations?

help like every time is appreciated.

Last edited by gris; 12-13-2012 at 04:43 PM.
Old 12-13-2012, 05:42 PM   #4
jedd
Enthusiast
jedd doesn't litterjedd doesn't litterjedd doesn't litter

Device: Pocketboot 360
For scrolling around a zoomed-in PDF, what happens if you use the 4-way rocker at the bottom of the device? It's rare that I do this, but from memory that was the navigation method.

For configuring new key mappings - are you talking on the device OS proper, or within certain (reading) applications? Describe in more detail what you're trying to do. Things done in either environment aren't necessarily application, or take effect, in the other, if that makes sense.

Have you looked at briss? It's a very useful utility for stripping the white space around the edges of PDF's (search the forums - there's a thread dedicated to this app). I find that if I run my PDF's through briss, then I rarely need to zoom using the e-reader, and consequently greater happiness ensues.
jedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 08:32 PM   #5
gris
Connoisseur

oh, i hope i tried all navigation buttons on it, I think so!

the key mapping doesn't work. I applied it in section called pdf and epub and general, but the options for scrolling don't get more.

there is next page, next section, and forward but they don't do different things or do anything at all when set. but key mapping should work, for I set other buttons different and was accepted.

no need for cutting margins, the device, firmware does it well, it is just, when you scroll bigger than the width it is impossibly slow to navigate.

just thought, hoped on an expert here for quick help. but I already found, where this was discussed, must use google, maybe I find it again.

bye