Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 07-27-2016, 10:35 AM   #1306
krupped
krupped began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
PADD is the name of my kindle, after the Star Trek device. Nothing sinister there.
krupped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2016, 10:56 AM   #1307
knc1
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ <- Clueless
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nothing KV or newer, not interested.
Quote:
Originally Posted by krupped View Post
PADD is the name of my kindle, after the Star Trek device. Nothing sinister there.
Oh, the 'Booklet' version shows the device name rather than the application name.
Nice touch (no pun intended).

Does touching the name bring up the Device Info panel?
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2016, 11:03 AM   #1308
eschwartz
Irrational Optimist
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
Oh, the 'Booklet' version shows the device name rather than the application name.
Nice touch (no pun intended).
Actually, the Booklet simply does not modify the status bar.

So the homescreen status bar shows the device name, and the kUAL Booklet doesn't change that.
But if you use the Replace Store Button function, then you can launch the Booklet directly from within a book, and show the book name instead.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2016, 12:21 PM   #1309
nasser
Addict
nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW1/Android 5" Mobile/Android 10" Tab/PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
@nasser: I'm not familiar with CM's UI code, but it was initially laid out to handle a couple of different resolutions properly (600x800 & 758x1024).
Besides the obvious (bitmap icons), and some possible alignment issues for some stuff, it should behave more or less properly?
@NiLuJe: All these extensions/add-ins/apps do behave properly. The only issue is the resolution and the user interface. The higher resolution of the PW3(and KV, KOA) is not utilised. It's also more difficult for the user to view or touch the button icons.

Of course, some extensions do not have this issue:
  1. KUAL(obviously)
  2. Kterm (though the characters in the matchbox keyboard icons look smaller and maybe a fresh set of larger icons would be useful)
  3. Gargoyle (though fixed size images in some games look smaller)
nasser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2016, 01:04 PM   #1310
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, (PW) & PW2; Kobo H2O
@krupped: Thanks for checking . At least simpler layouts render properly, that's reassuring.

@nasser: In CM's case, since the buttons are actually bitmaps, yeah, I'd expect something to be off on that front, but the extent of the breakage shown in the screenshots seems to point to more widespread issues, so, no idea, really :/. And Java UI code is definitely waaaaaay out of my comfort zone ^^.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2016, 01:04 PM   #1311
knc1
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ <- Clueless
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

There is a larger keyboard for kTerm somewhere around here.
I don't have a clue about a link to it, but I use it myself.
Old 07-27-2016, 08:39 PM   #1312
krupped
krupped began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
@knc1: nope, it doesn't open the device info, and thanks

If there is anything anyone else would like me to try, I'm comfortable writing java.
krupped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2016, 10:36 PM   #1313
knc1
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ <- Clueless

That may help, CM is written in Java and the Java expert that wrote it has moved on to other things.

It is in a public repository (somewhere) if you want to look at it.
(Maybe the first post has a link to the repo. I have forgotten.)
Old 07-28-2016, 04:45 AM   #1314
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

In case it hasn't: https://bitbucket.org/ixtab/ktcollectionsmgr/

Note that I have yet to merge's @ADambi's patches... -_-".
Old 07-28-2016, 11:32 AM   #1315
Bry2
Bry2 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Hi,

Can you confirm this doesnt work with Kindle Oasis?
G0B0GC Kindle Oasis WiFi KOA

If so any idea when (if ever?)
When I do try and open it I just get application error the selected application could not be started.
Bry2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2016, 11:34 AM   #1316
knc1
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ <- Clueless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bry2 View Post
Hi,

Can you confirm this doesnt work with Kindle Oasis?
G0B0GC Kindle Oasis WiFi KOA

If so any idea when (if ever?)
When I do try and open it I just get application error the selected application could not be started.
The message is correct, it does not work on KOA.
Old 07-28-2016, 01:02 PM   #1317
NiLuJe
BLAM!

Niet. No Kindlets on the Oasis.
Old Yesterday, 07:46 AM   #1318
ryber
ryber began at the beginning.

Device: ALL THE THINGS
On my Voyage, running 5.8.1, I have the same menu issue, and actually, my books don't show in either pane. I generally use the collections manager just to import my calibre collections, so I can poke around to find the menu and the choice to import, but none of the books show at all, and only occasionally do the menus show.
ryber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 08:20 AM   #1319
knc1
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ <- Clueless

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryber View Post
On my Voyage, running 5.8.1, I have the same menu issue, and actually, my books don't show in either pane. I generally use the collections manager just to import my calibre collections, so I can poke around to find the menu and the choice to import, but none of the books show at all, and only occasionally do the menus show.
Use LibrarianSync instead.

Tags
kindle touch hacks