Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe

Notices

Old 02-10-2012, 09:32 AM   #1
lorenzoens
ex se ens
lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: enTourage edge & Pocket, Sony T1, Galaxy Note I, ex many others
microSD files being trashed

Hi people,

whenever I load files from a pc (Win7 & Xp) to a new microSD (Kingston 8GB class 6)

and insert it in my fiancee's PE (standard Ermine), automatically the PE erases all the folders & contained files I loaded on the SD, so I find'em into LOST dir.

Didn't try with another microSD already.

The PE reads correctly everything from USB drives
lorenzoens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 01:31 PM   #2
exscentric
Addict
exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle keyboard
Shut the edge off, pull the card and copy the files, reinsert the card, boot up.

I found this to work for mine. Mine just do not show till I reboot. The edge does not move them.

You can use the usb cable or your wireless network to copy/paste files as well.
exscentric is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-10-2012, 02:23 PM   #3
ivanjt
Guru
ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle dx; eDGe
I was going to say essentially what exscentric has said. You can't insert an SD card while the device is powered on - they are not USB devices. The fact you can do this on most computers is because you are, in fact, inserting the SD card into a USB reader built in to the computer.
ivanjt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 04:26 PM   #4
lorenzoens
ex se ens
lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks guys,
since I wasn't sure if everytime I loaded the card the device was off, I tried again.

Unfortunately this didn't solve the trouble. Still the files are being trashed, just tried it.

I'm going to try with a different card
Old 02-10-2012, 04:26 PM   #5
obsessed2
Wizard
obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocket Edge X 2 , Edge, gTab, Kindle Fire, Nextbook 7S
Quote:
Originally Posted by ivanjt View Post
I was going to say essentially what exscentric has said. You can't insert an SD card while the device is powered on - they are not USB devices. The fact you can do this on most computers is because you are, in fact, inserting the SD card into a USB reader built in to the computer.

Dead on. With the SD Card inserted in the eDGe, select Settings --> Device Storage. You should see Unmount storage under SD card. You have to Safely remove the SD card from a PC as well. Even a USB storage device has to be properly removed from the eDGe or a PC in order to avoid risk of damage or lost data.
obsessed2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-14-2012, 10:43 PM   #6
lorenzoens
ex se ens

The only folder where I can store files on the microSD is "Public". Every other new folder will be trashed.

Nothing similar ever happened with the big edge.
Old 02-15-2012, 02:48 AM   #7
Filark
Armed with a smile :)
Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: enTourage eDGe & Pocket eDGe, Samsung Galaxy Note II
What format is it? Or does format not matter for this problem? It's very curious . . .
Filark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 02:39 PM   #8
Gunnerp245
Gadget Freak
Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EE, Note 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by lorenzoens View Post
The only folder where I can store files on the microSD is "Public". Every other new folder will be trashed. Nothing similar ever happened with the big edge.
Does the card have any type of manufacturer proprietery startup/mounting software? Could be interfering...
Gunnerp245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 04:58 PM   #9
lorenzoens
ex se ens

8GB Kingston class 4, I had to beat my fiancee when she bough it last month, derp
Old 02-15-2012, 05:31 PM   #10
ivanjt
Guru
ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle dx; eDGe
Just a thought, have you formatted the card since you got it?

I ask because some time ago we got a batch of 4 GB USB sticks that would only work on a clients laptop and did nothing on any of our computers. When we investigated, we found there was a glitch in the formatting which the version of windows on the laptop passed but our computer that followed the standard much more closely wouldn't. A reformat fixed them all.
ivanjt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 08:20 AM   #11
hilaryfrompa
Member Retired
hilaryfrompa has learned how to read e-bookshilaryfrompa has learned how to read e-bookshilaryfrompa has learned how to read e-bookshilaryfrompa has learned how to read e-bookshilaryfrompa has learned how to read e-bookshilaryfrompa has learned how to read e-bookshilaryfrompa has learned how to read e-books

Device: Entourage Pocket Edge
I have had the exact problem with the exact SD card (Kingston, 8GB). I didn't even know that "Public" was where my files were stored. Sorry that you're experiencing the same problem--but when I bought the card on Newegg, other buyers noted that there were problems with it. I hope that that's the case, because navigating the SD card on the PE has given me vertigo.
hilaryfrompa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 07:01 AM   #12
hilaryfrompa
Member Retired
hilaryfrompa has learned how to read e-bookshilaryfrompa has learned how to read e-bookshilaryfrompa has learned how to read e-bookshilaryfrompa has learned how to read e-bookshilaryfrompa has learned how to read e-bookshilaryfrompa has learned how to read e-bookshilaryfrompa has learned how to read e-books

Device: Entourage Pocket Edge
Lorenz, can you post and tell us whether the Kingston card turned out to be the problem? Thanks.
hilaryfrompa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 06:38 AM   #13
lorenzoens
ex se ens

Hi Hillary,
unfortunately cannot stick in the reader another microSD for the try at moment, but as soon as I can, I'll do it