Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 09-29-2011, 05:48 AM   #271
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
If it's any consolation, I've been waking at 2 A.M. the last few days and it's making me "loopy."
It's about time. Must be an improvement from.......

Okay, just kidding, kenny. I hate waking up in the middle of the night. Drives me to want a doughnut.
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 05:58 AM   #272
Nyssa
Series Addict
Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (2nd Gen)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
If it's any consolation, I've been waking at 2 A.M. the last few days and it's making me "loopy."
Awww. Yeah, interrupted or non-existing sleep cycles can really throw you off.

Speaking of loopiness, does the last sentence in my prior post look grammatically odd to anyone else. I want to edit it, but I'm not sure why.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivaldirules View Post
It's about time. Must be an improvement from.......

Okay, just kidding, kenny. I hate waking up in the middle of the night. Drives me to want a doughnut.
You and me both. I revert to childhood wanting a warm doughnut and a glass a milk. In fact, eating a warm doughnut is the only time I want a glass of milk. How odd. Yeah, I need sleep.
Nyssa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 06:14 AM   #273
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyssa View Post

Speaking of loopiness, does the last sentence in my prior post look grammatically odd to anyone else. I want to edit it, but I'm not sure why.

Looks fine to me through my doughnut-colored lenses.
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 07:11 AM   #274
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
I'm too loopy to tell you. It looks odd to me, too. Probably because I, too, have been up since 2 am. (doggies runs off to donut shop)
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 08:19 AM   #275
Nyssa
Series Addict
Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Lucky dog!
Old 09-29-2011, 03:18 PM   #276
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
Quote:
Nope -- it looks fine. A comma might clarify the final two phrases, but other than that, it is fine!
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 03:29 PM   #277
Nyssa
Series Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by badgoodDeb View Post
Nope -- it looks fine. A comma might clarify the final two phrases, but other than that, it is fine!
Thanks BGD! I think I put the comma in the right place...
Old 09-29-2011, 03:36 PM   #278
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Thanks BGD! I think I put the comma in the right place...
Poifect!

(or in case that's an Americanism, that's "perfect" with a ridiculous accent)
Old 09-29-2011, 04:14 PM   #279
Nyssa
Series Addict

Quote:
Poifect!

(or in case that's an Americanism, that's "perfect" with a ridiculous accent)
I understood both.
Old 09-29-2011, 05:55 PM   #280
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer

Oh. That's right -- you're only from Florida! I keep forgetting who is "native" and who is not! tee-hee!
Old 09-29-2011, 05:58 PM   #281
Nyssa
Series Addict

Quote:
Oh. That's right -- you're only from Florida! I keep forgetting who is "native" and who is not! tee-hee!
Well yes, but there's Britishness in me too. I confuse myself at times.

Last edited by Nyssa; 09-29-2011 at 06:53 PM.
Old 09-30-2011, 02:14 AM   #282
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
2 am .... ,,,, mmm .... me too !
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 07:02 AM   #283
kennyc
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffC View Post
2 am .... ,,,, mmm .... me too !
You have better reason than I! Hope all is continuing to improve. Beaming best thoughts for healing and happiness!
Old 09-30-2011, 03:53 PM   #284
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer

Well, okay ..... but just piling a whole bunch of commas together, right in the middle, isn't really the way to fix a confused sentence!!
Old 09-30-2011, 03:57 PM   #285
kennyc

Quote:
Well, okay ..... but just piling a whole bunch of commas together, right in the middle, isn't really the way to fix a confused sentence!!
Yeah, cause then it would be a commotion!