Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 10-11-2010, 05:53 PM   #1
AFK_Matrix
Sci Fi Addict :)
AFK_Matrix doesn't litterAFK_Matrix doesn't litter

Device: Kindle 3G+WiFi
Kindle doesn't disconnect/eject from PC??

Hi,

Just got my Kindle 3 today and well pleased so far

But I have run across one problem and that is when I plug it into my PC it comes up with the message that if I want to read while the USB is plugged in then I should eject it from my PC.

So I go to eject it and windows 7 says it has ejected but I still have the message on the Kindle, nothing happens?

Only way that seems to work is the Kindle Collection Manager lol

EDIT: Also could some one explain this locations thing that is used instead of page numbers? I have come from a PRS505 which displayed page numbers but I am completely lost with this locations thing as it doesn't seem to go up by one or anything, help!!!

Thanks.

Last edited by AFK_Matrix; 10-11-2010 at 06:07 PM.
AFK_Matrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 07:21 PM   #2
tovare
Addict
tovare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tovare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tovare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tovare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tovare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tovare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tovare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tovare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tovare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tovare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tovare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-600, Kindle kb Wifi, new Kindle NT, PW2, Kindle Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by AFK_Matrix View Post
Hi,

Just got my Kindle 3 today and well pleased so far

But I have run across one problem and that is when I plug it into my PC it comes up with the message that if I want to read while the USB is plugged in then I should eject it from my PC.

So I go to eject it and windows 7 says it has ejected but I still have the message on the Kindle, nothing happens?

Only way that seems to work is the Kindle Collection Manager lol

EDIT: Also could some one explain this locations thing that is used instead of page numbers? I have come from a PRS505 which displayed page numbers but I am completely lost with this locations thing as it doesn't seem to go up by one or anything, help!!!

Thanks.
You might try this on the eject issue:
http://blog.notfaqs.com/2009/10/win7...and-eject.html

Locations are a bit non-intuitive to me also, I look at the percentage instead and hope for a better solution in the future
tovare is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-11-2010, 11:30 PM   #3
TomF
Kindle Enthusiast
TomF once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.TomF once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.TomF once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.TomF once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.TomF once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.TomF once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.TomF once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.TomF once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.TomF once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.TomF once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.TomF once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Kindle 3G Graphite, Kindle Fire
There was also a post about this same problem seven hours earlier that now has 10 replies.
TomF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 08:19 PM   #4
IrishJD
IrishJD began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 with Ads
Same problem, this is the solution...

Check out this post ... simple solution that worked for me!
IrishJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 08:27 PM   #5
TotallyEpic
Enthusiast
TotallyEpic began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 3G + Wifi
Right Click on your Kindle in My Computer, and click Eject.

IrishJD, nice to see another Paddy on the boards
TotallyEpic is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert