Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Workshop

Notices

Old 05-12-2011, 09:48 PM   #1
Chuck Weinstock
Chuck Weinstock began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Indesign CS5 Crashes on Epub Export

I am trying to convert a fairly complex book in Indesign to Epub using the export to epub feature. For most of my other books this has worked with no problem. For this particular title it gets about 2/3 of the way through (as measured by the progress bar) and then Indesign CS5 crashes. This is on a Mac running 10.6.7 if it matters. Has anyone seen this? Are there workarounds for this sort of problem?

Thanks,

Chuck Weinstock
Chuck Weinstock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 08:18 PM   #2
wannabee
Media Bloke
wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iOS
That happened to me. Twice. If got around it by exporting it to the cross version format. (I cant recall the extension at present) opening it in CS4 and then exporting it back out. Whatever was causing the problem was not transferred.
I tried exporting from 4 and 5 then. One of them worked.
wannabee is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
crashing, epub conversion, indesign, indesign problems